WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I am a new member to this forum and a relatively new watch owner. I started wearing watches a little over a year ago. My father noticed i was getting in to watches so he gave me one of his old watches that he doesn't wear anymore. I am completely new to watches and I am still learning, although this forum is a great tool for learning. I need your help in identifying this watch. I have tried searching through Google for it but i could not find it. i did ask my dad but he could not remember or tell me the exact year he bought it although i don't think that matters, he says it cost around $1000. Its a Moldova watch has tachymeter on the side of it, on the back are these numbers and words 87-07-873 760199 Water Resistant. I dont really want to open up the back because one i dont have the tools and i dont want to mess anything up.
I need to replace the band as well, my dad has smaller wrists than i do. Should i send it to movado to get it serviced and have them replace it?(i imagine it would cost an arm and leg though). Or can i get a nice quality band for somewhere else cheaper and install it my self? Since my dad says its a $1k watch i dont think i should put a cheap band on it, am i right?
Any help i would greatly appreciate it

Thanks,

Here are some pics. Sorry for iphone picture quality
Photo2012-12-05103207PM.jpg Photo2012-12-05103152PM.jpg Photo2012-12-05103140PM.jpg Photo2012-12-05101932PM.jpg
Again any help in identifying this watch is greatly appreciated

1 - 1 of 1 Posts