WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I cleaned out my dad's old desk and found a pile of watches-- mostly junk I think. But he had an Ingraham wrist-o-crat in the original box which is pretty cool. Also these two watches that I can't find any info on. I'd really appreciate any help. The numbers inside the Timex are 334 and the case says Made in Great Britain. Thank you!

·
Registered
23,771 Posts
Both look to me to be made in the 1950s - maybe as late as the 1960s. Timex did have factories in the UK - Dundee Scotland - up until the 1990s.
Herlin is an obscure brand and I don't have any info on it. Sorry.

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
I've seen several Herlin's

Great looking watches from the front .. disposable cases, disposable movements (1 jewel)

·
Mod. Russian, China Mech.
19,537 Posts
I've seen several Herlin's

Great looking watches from the front .. disposable cases, disposable movements (1 jewel)
"Base Metal: Aluminium" :think: Even so, it looks like an unusually thin case for a disposable movement, and the seconds sub-dial means that a 4-wheel train is more likely than a Roskopf. My bet is a woman-size fully-jewelled (or at least jewelled escapement), low-mid grade movement. (Are we taking bets?)

The Dundee Timex is a nice-looking piece, however the movement really is designed to be disposable, so I hope no repairs are needed.

Liliomere, if these watches are running and you want to wear them, pleeeease get a pair of straps that fit.

... and I'd love to see a pic of the Wrist-o-crat.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts