WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,589 Posts
Can you really imagine any company putting such a hideous looking movement in a case with a display back?

·
Zenith Forum Co-moderator
19,166 Posts
Plus you can actually find other watches on the internet that look very similar and have the same movement.

As for the see through case back, this might be a recent addition by some previous owner who had one made up in order to see the movement, not caring that in 1990s or later watches with a see through back, the movements are tarted up accordingly whereas this still looks somewhat crude. I would say that the watch is genuine or at worst frankenised.

Hartmut Richter

·
Premium Member
7,589 Posts
Plus you can actually find other watches on the internet that look very similar and have the same movement.

As for the see through case back, this might be a recent addition by some previous owner who had one made up in order to see the movement, not caring that in 1990s or later watches with a see through back, the movements are tarted up accordingly whereas this still looks somewhat crude. I would say that the watch is genuine or at worst frankenised.

Hartmut Richter
It looks like other watches on the internet, because the internet is crawling with fake Rado Companions.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Hartmut Richter
It looks like other watches on the internet, because the internet is crawling with fake Rado Companions.

Really don’t understand all the derogatory comments rather than help
Way to go guys with your
“Can you imagine any watch company putting a hideous movement” ....

Hope it makes you feel big. Maybe it’s coz your all sad lonely keyboard warriors
I was only asking for help before I purchased a watch that 1) is under £50 2) I actually like the look of

I won’t be coming back to this .... so .... you all!!

·
Premium Member
7,589 Posts
Way to go guys with your

Hope it makes you feel big. Maybe it’s coz your all sad lonely keyboard warriors
I was only asking for help before I purchased a watch that 1) is under £50 2) I actually like the look of

Strange comment. You specifically asked if it was genuine, and many of us are telling you that it is not genuine. It is fake, and I was giving you some evidence that it is fake involving the appearance of the movement. @Henry Krinkle, who is a well-known Rado expert, and Moderator of a dedicated Rado forum also participated to tell you it is fake. And now you attack us because apparently you didn't get the answer you wanted to hear. And your silly name-calling is totally inappropriate. Personally, I won't be sorry to see you leave.

·
Registered
1,756 Posts

Hartmut Richter
Way to go guys with your

Hartmut- I respectfully disagree. As the moderator of the only English language Rado forum in the world, I have seen literally hundreds of these "Companions" and they are fake, or almost entirely fake. Rado stopped using AS movements around 1968 and these "Companions" are from the 70s. Even then, Rado movements from the early 60s on are decorated and finished to a much higher degree than that. The anchor disc is an obvious fake. Someone in India is casting them poorly. The dial is a badly painted one that has many manufacturing processes that were never employed by Rado, even on their entry level watches. If the crown is authentic it is likely the only Rado part on this watch. It is as bad a fake Rado as has ever been made.

Badbackdan may be blunt, but his assessment is correct. There are hundreds, maybe thousands, of these exact fakes on ebay and the internet.

Kornpie- at 50 pounds for that you are being robbed.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
badbackdan check your ceiling, you might have broken it while getting big ;)
Ok, I'll check.
Actually your quote was “Can you really imagine any company putting such a hideous looking movement in a case with a display back?”

How is that constructive
Now wonder you have a bad back with that chip in your shoulder

·
Vint. Forum Co-Moderator
3,823 Posts
Some existing members need to be more careful with their posting. Whilst I appreciate that many posts are irritating there seems to be a recent trend towards aggressive responses to new posters. This isn’t good for the site and puts off both new and existing members and will not be tolerated.

Since I think this thread is done it’s now closed.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.