WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First time posting here, but been reading awhile. I'm hoping someone here can help me identify this watch. My wife bought it for me about 4 years ago. It has no markings on the face except "made in germany."

On the back, it notes "water resistance 5 atm all stainless steel." The rotor says "swiss made 25 jewels" and opening it up I see 2824-2 engraved on the movement.

I never knew the manufacturer and am just curious. I really like the watch, except it gains 50 seconds per day. Thanks for any help!

·
Banned
3,600 Posts
You might consider posting on the German watch forum here at WUS for some real expert opinions on that goregous pilot watch.

IF you take it to a local watchmaker or jeweler they should be able to regulate that high quality automatic movement so it runs wiht in 10-20 seconds a day or thereabouts without too much of a problem I would think. I would think they could do that for around $15-30 depending on where you live. The larger jewelers or watchrepair shops have a machine which can calibrate that automatic movement "dead on"!!!

·
Registered
3,497 Posts
Junkers (pointTEC) also makes this style, and it's made with an ETA 2824-2 in Germany.

·
Registered
3,497 Posts
...and here is an Aerowave version, also with the ETA 2824-2:

·
Registered
13,407 Posts
Welcome to Affordables hoof!
Classic aviator there friend.
There's LOTS of watches with that look.
Dragoon gave you the best advice, post it over on the German forum and good luck.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the help guys. The german forum folks pegged it as a Laco Flieger. Further investigation led to finding "Lacher" stamped on the inside of the back cover, so they were right on.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts