WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4,722 Posts
Surely an original. Looks like a ladies model although that will depend on the size.

·
Zenith Forum Co-moderator
19,132 Posts
The "case serial number" is actually the reference number which should read: 01.0660.172. The 01 shows that it is a steel model, the 0660 is the reference and the 172 denotes the calibre which is Zenith's internál designation for the Peseux 7001 minus seconds indication. That makes the watch from the late seventies or early eighties.

Hartmut Richter

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The "case serial number" is actually the reference number which should read: 01.0660.172. The 01 shows that it is a steel model, the 0660 is the reference and the 172 denotes the calibre which is Zenith's internál designation for the Peseux 7001 minus seconds indication. That makes the watch from the late seventies or early eighties.

Hartmut Richter
Thank you Hartmut for the valuable insight!

from what I've learned, the ETA/Peseux 7001 is a very sturdy movement, used all across the industry.

Bagged the watch for 300€, very happy with the deal.

again, thank you very much!

·
Registered
4,722 Posts
Congrats on your Zenith. I can add that I found the model in the 1975 catalog. Wear it in good health.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks.

The crown doesn't look original, not a big issue for me.

will try to source a period correct buckle, I'm looking at options

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanks.

The crown doesn't look original, not a big issue for me.

will try to source a period correct buckle, I'm looking at options

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
I was going to ask about the crown. It indeed doesn't look original. Would have been something smaller and discreet for such a design. (like the pics above)

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
the crown is signed so it's probably a zenith original, just not from this model. Will try to source both the crown and the buckle but don't want to go overboard.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

Hartmut Richter
Sorry to bother you again but could you give some hints on how an original buckle and crown for this model would look like?

·
Registered
4,722 Posts
Well you have a catalog picture now so yes the original crown may have been smaller. However keep in mind 1. the catalog pictures in those days were not always accurate 2. a bigger crown makes it easier to wind.

The original buckle would have looked like this one or similar (picture borrowed from internet):

zenith buckle ss.jpg

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well you have a catalog picture now so yes the original crown may have been smaller. However keep in mind 1. the catalog pictures in those days were not always accurate 2. a bigger crown makes it easier to wind.

The original buckle would have looked like this one or similar (picture borrowed from internet):

View attachment 14687171

Hope this helps.
You've helped a lot, thanks. I'll probably keep the crown and source the buckle.

...amare Deum et illi soli servire

have a good sunday!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts