WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello this is my first post in a forum! So anyway i recently bought this watch and i have searched everywhere for info on the movement. Its signed by concord and its a 248 F caliber but i believe concord did not make their own movements so i am trying to find what movement this really is. It looks like some felsa calibers from the 40s -50s but i dont know which one. I also know that the cxc on the balance cock means that its imported in the us by concord. Any information you might have will be very helpfull.
Ps: it also has a beautiful
blued hairspring

·
Registered
410 Posts
The Borel site lists a Concord 248GF, no 248F. Note states, for Sweep Second use Universal 265. It seems likely you have Universal caliber 265.

·
Registered
410 Posts
The referenced site is JulesBorel.com - Read Caliber. It is simply a parts listing site with a useful parts interchange function. Jules Borel is a watch material supplier in Kansas City, MO. You won't find much regarding the movement.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Thanks for your quick response, so for anyone wandering what it actually is , after some more research i believe its a universal (just like you said) 330 but with center seconds modification. It could be concord that modified it or perhaps a non documented variant of the 330 family. And again thank you for the information, i wouldn't have figured this out without your help.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts