482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello and Happy New Year to all!
I bought at my local flea-market this nice pocket watch:
L1050183.jpg
The dial has written the words "Chronometre Imbros"
L1050186.jpg
L1050187.jpg
The seller claimed that the movement is from IWC. It's a nice looking movement with geneva stripes but I have no knowledge of IWC movements. Can you identify this movement; The only word that is written on this movement is "Maestria"
L1050188.JPG
Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
4,037 Posts
Hi there,

The seller claimed that the movement is from IWC.
This guy hasn't yet learned his seller lesson. He should have claimed it to be from Lange or Patek Philippe - at least.

More likely it is a Record 53.C:
bidfun-db Archive: Watch Movements: Record 53.C

Of course I didn't know this by heart, and unfortunately the visual features of the movement are rather common. Nevertheless the advanced search in my archive sorted only some 120 calibres out of some 9000, which share the same details. And it is no unreasonable demand to find the right among them.

Regards, Roland Ranfft

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi there,

This guy hasn't yet learned his seller lesson. He should have claimed it to be from Lange or Patek Philippe - at least.

More likely it is a Record 53.C:
bidfun-db Archive: Watch Movements: Record 53.C

Of course I didn't know this by heart, and unfortunately the visual features of the movement are rather common. Nevertheless the advanced search in my archive sorted only some 120 calibres out of some 9000, which share the same details. And it is no unreasonable demand to find the right among them.

Regards, Roland Ranfft
Thank you for your answer, it certainly looks like you nailed it, this record movement looks identical to mine. If I earned a euro/dollar for every false seller's claim I would be rich by now;-) Still a nice movement and I got it for a good price.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts