WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

A while back I came into possession of this vintage Omega Seamaster and I don't really know too much about it. Can anyone offer any insight? When it was made, background, model info, etc? Is it worth having it serviced? It seems to run well, but it looks like it's about 20 to 30 seconds fast per day. I don't think that's bad for a watch that's probably over 30 or 40 years old and has probably been neglected (as you can see by the pockmarks on the back cover).

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Awesome, thanks for the help there!

Any advice on where to find someone to service it? I'd like to just have the movement checked out, and I'd ideally like to have the crystal replaced, since there's a crack in it. Any idea what that might cost me? Sorry if these are dumb questions!

·
Registered
1,914 Posts
Awesome, thanks for the help there!

Any advice on where to find someone to service it? I'd like to just have the movement checked out, and I'd ideally like to have the crystal replaced, since there's a crack in it. Any idea what that might cost me? Sorry if these are dumb questions!
Your local watchmaker should be able to handle that. Authentic, and I assume good fake, crystals will have the Omega logo over the hand pivot point. It's is molded onto the crystal Nd you need a loupe to see it clearly, but it is there and it casts a shadow.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts