WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,673 Posts
This is called a triple-date watch with a pointer hand. Eberhard is a well-known Swiss brand. I have never seen this particular Eberhard model before. Assuming this is totally legit, it's definitely a collectible watch.

Just looking at that one photo, it's quite surprising to me to see such an aged dial in such a pristine case, and it would be interesting to see more photos from different angles including the back, the inside of the case-back, and the movement (clear, high-magnification, in-focus photos showing all markings). Possibly the case is just polished as @VESPASIAN mentioned, but it almost looks like a new case with visible bevels/chamfers. Hard to tell from that one photo because of the reflections, etc.

·
Premium Member
6,673 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,673 Posts
Now I'm feeling like a bit of a sucker for taking the time to provide a detailed answer to the OP when he obviously already had all of that information from the listing. It would be nice if people would be more transparent when starting threads like this.

·
Premium Member
6,673 Posts
They're growing on me too. I'm keeping my eyes open for a moon-phase like that one; there are a few examples in 36-37mm cases that appeal to me. Unfortunately, I know I'm going to be too lazy to set the date when I want to wear it.

·
Registered
733 Posts
You know, my local watchmaker has a delicious Le Coultre cal watch - beautiful dial but I cannot bring myself to buy it because it is 14k plate.

I have agreed with myself to only buy stainless or gold from now on.

·
Registered
4,309 Posts
I do not mind the plated cases unless worn out because people worn them out in a lifetime of having one watch only. And those safe or drawer queens will not wear down if cycled once per several months :D

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Now I'm feeling like a bit of a sucker for taking the time to provide a detailed answer to the OP when he obviously already had all of that information from the listing. It would be nice if people would be more transparent when starting threads like this.
I apologize if this came across that way and was seen to be misleading. It wasn’t my intention - honestly. I really like the watch and was hoping this group would be able to tell me whether it t was fake or looked genuine without divulging the location for fear of someone buying it before I had the chance to. Again, I do apologize. I’m new to this space and am trying to come up to speed and honestly meant no offense.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts