WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have what appears to be a Spacematic Pilot Professional, but the model numbers are that of a Spacematic Steel. The model etched on the case back is 623.10.158, but nothing with that model number pops up with the dial like mine. Looks like a pilot professional, but those aren’t pilot professional model numbers. Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That is for sure a Spacematic from Fortis. I googled the model number and all kinds of info showed up.
It is no doubt a Spacematic, but which Spacematic? It seems to have the Pilot Professional dial with Spacematic Steel Model numbers on the case back. None of the current Spacematic models have this dial so just trying to figure it out.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The caseback number isn't the model number.
Try model number 623.10.71
There was an explanation in an old thread

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/to...&share_fid=13788&share_type=t&link_source=app

A little bit of Fortis numerology

Sent from my Mate 10 Pro using Tapatalk
Yup The hang tag says 623.10.71 I was starting to think something shady was up with this watch but it makes sense now. I had no idea Fortis numbering system was so jacked up. Great watches for sure, but man what a silly way to deal with numbering your product. Thanks for the input folks!

·
Premium Member
467 Posts
Some pics would help I suppose.
Nice watch, got the same one, numbered 3313. This was one of my first watch purchases back when i first got infected with the watch bug, although its not the one i ordered. The one i ordered (forget the model) was very similar. I didn't notice the ref. number didn't match what i had ordered till after wearing the watch all day. The original ordered model was a few bucks more. I contacted the popular gray market shop i purchased from, told them of the mix up and opted for a refund of the price difference and kept this model. I always knew something was out of whack with this watch but never found much info. Within a week or two purchased another watch and moved on. Finding this thread has renewed my interest in this watch, gonna check out the thread 74notserpp's linked to. These watches may turn out to be a collectors item... 🤑

1 - 7 of 7 Posts