WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
827 Posts
You have a beautiful, old pocket watch there! With the tourbillon complication, it was most likely a higher end watch. With no disrespect to this forum, you might want to post this question with photos at thepurists.com, watchrap section. I believe you may get more responses there. I'd like to see a clearer view of the dial also.

S

·
0 Posts
You have a beautiful, old pocket watch there! With the tourbillon complication, it was most likely a higher end watch. With no disrespect to this forum, you might want to post this question with photos at thepurists.com, watchrap section. I believe you may get more responses there. I'd like to see a clearer view of the dial also.
Hi Bob, are you sure it´s a Tourbillion ? Can´t identify that the balance and escapement of the movement shown can turn on a common axle within the revolving cage I am missing too. Am I wrong ??
What the watch undoubtedly has is a Breguet (balance) spring as engraved on the inner back.
The movment seems to be swiss made. The expression "Ligne droite chatons" was used to describe swiss made movements with long(er) lever.

Case is 14k gold (=0,585 as engraved on the back). Can´t determine if the case was made in Switzerland, the stamp isn´t very good to read.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts