WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a Raketa 24h watch for a very low price, knowing that it was quite franken. The thing is, I like this combination more than some of the authentic ones. It's got straight lugs, and single dial with no extra crown, so it's not so big. I would have liked a threaded back, but I guess you can't have everything when you're going cheap. :) It runs well and the time is bang on when checked face up on the Timegrapher.

It looks to me like it's the inner dial from a submariner variant. Does anybody know? Also, what is that case?

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
The dial is a modern reproduction of the submarine model, or you can call it fake. The case looks very much like Pobeda's (Zim's). If it was cheap, the movement alone is worth the money. I've been looking for a cheap movement myself, for a personal project.
Ivan

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks @Kamburov. Yes, I see it now, the anchor is not right and there's neither the Raketa name or "made in" text. Too bad. I don't think Raketa ever made a single dial submarine without the outside dial anyway.

Since nobody else has chimed in here, I'll assume the movement looks 100% correct and that it is indeed a Pobeda case.

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Thanks @Kamburov. Yes, I see it now, the anchor is not right and there's neither the Raketa name or "made in" text. Too bad. I don't think Raketa ever made a single dial submarine without the outside dial anyway.

Since nobody else has chimed in here, I'll assume the movement looks 100% correct and that it is indeed a Pobeda case.
The movement looks like a 2623.H movement, which is right. If it makes one cycle in 24 hours then it's alright, not a swapped bridge.
The dial is a quite a popular recent reproduction. There's one currently on sale on a local site, by a seller I know personally. Guess he gets them from Ukraine.

I can't recognise this particular case (could be a Zim), but the spacer ring is deffinately a pobeda/zim one. Both pobeda 2602 and raketa 2623 movements have the same diameter, so fitting this into the case is not a problem.
Ivan

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You've given me about everything I need to know. Thanks. I like the watch, but for sure, the dial is a bit amateurish. Maybe I can find a better one sometime.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Saying that about the dial, that is proper pad printed, was expecting the usual film transfer sort of amateurism but someone did put the effort into some of it at least but kinda dropped a nut with the weird looking anchor.

Unless it absolutely irritates you I would wear as is until you can find a better dial that does look the part. I have a lovely AU10 Poljot Fish Eye which has had an ahem "alternative" shield put on no doubt to replace a smashed one as these watches are prone to smashed shields if dropped, I have kept it as is because apart from the shield it is a true watch and how many ppl out there know its a fake shield? I have also considered turning bad into good with either a proper gold leaf application or an airbrush to make it look better but these shields aren't readily available so I have just left as is lol

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Saying that about the dial, that is proper pad printed, was expecting the usual film transfer sort of amateurism but someone did put the effort into some of it at least but kinda dropped a nut with the weird looking anchor.

Unless it absolutely irritates you I would wear as is until you can find a better dial that does look the part. . . .
Yes, the printing is actually good quality, I was referring to the designing as being amateurish because it lacks the clarity of expression, what with the pale blue minutes not well delineated or related to the hours. I guess you could call it "artistic" but it doesn't cut the mustard in that department ( like eg. the Copernicus) . It's certainly not easy to read in the dark - which it should be. The anchor is a matter of taste. Anyway, I hold strong and very old fashioned opinions on readability of instruments - so never mind me. lol

I can live with it and certainly intend to wear it. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts