WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Zenith Forum Co-moderator
19,053 Posts
Barring the position of the date feature, it reminds me of a Fortis model. I can't, however, find anything on Pomar linking them to Fortis. The watch is very likely late sixties or even seventies with (at my guess) an ETA or Adolf Schild generic movement inside.

Hartmut Richter

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Barring the position of the date feature, it reminds me of a Fortis model. I can't, however, find anything on Pomar linking them to Fortis. The watch is very likely late sixties or even seventies with (at my guess) an ETA or Adolf Schild generic movement inside.

Hartmut Richter
thanks I will look in to fortis

·
19,053 Posts
The one I was thinking of was the Fortis "Trueline" but a quick google picture search for "Vintage Fortis" reveals some other models with that sort of dial, e.g. the "Skylark". But then, there were probably other makers who had this design in their collection.....

Hartmut Richter

·
Registered
20 Posts
hi,i have two pomar watches the green auto has a fe4611 movt,and the other a st96, the green auto has hacking quickset day date one of my favorites,unfotunately the other had problems with the movt being loose inside the case and the hands rubbing on the face under some lights the face appears to move as the light reflects of the lines.have you had the back off yours to see what movt is there nice watch nonethe less P4170618.JPG P4170604.jpg P4170610.jpg P4170606.jpg

·
19,053 Posts
Nice - I particularly like the "1970s" green tone of the dial. Both watches seem to have seen a fair amount of action.

Hartmut Richter

·
Registered
20 Posts
hi,as you said they have seen plenty of action in spite of all that they both still run perfectly and are accurate say a lot for the brand. i did see one the same as the green one with a brown dial on google images it was on ebay.i rarely use them i will probably restore them one day in the meantime i enjoy them the way they are.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello. I’ve come across your thread all be it from a few years ago and I was wondering if you could help me. I too have a pomar watch but I no nothing of them as I have never heard of it. Can you help?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts