Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

just wondering if anyone knows much about the history for this Patek Philippe watch. There is an estate sale near my house selling this particular watch although i'm worried about it being fake. Is it a crap shoot buying a watch like this for a few hundred dollars hoping it's the real deal?

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
The history? Here you go--"once upon a time, someone made a cobbled up mess of a watch and claimed it was a genuine Patek. The End."

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
A genuine Patek Philippe for a few hundred dollars… sure, why not? What could possibly be wrong?
Alternatively, Stevie Wonder and Ray Charles both had a good look at it, and drew the same conclusion… it’s as fake as Dolly Parton’s lady lumps!

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Whilst I echo the sentiments about 'cheap PPs', not everyone knows about them and an awful lot of people have never heard of them. So if they found themselves having to clear a relative's estate, all they would see is a nice looking watch, but would have no idea of its true value and could easily let it go for nothing. It's the same with most high end brands because you never see them on the high street.

Of course if it was a Rolex, then they would get excited because they know that they are the best watches in the world...

·
Premium Member
9,466 Posts
To the OP: yeah, we tend to be a very jaded lot when it comes to fakes. Don't take it personally.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.