WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I am new to the forum. I joined because I needed some help identifying this vintage Baume and Mercier Watch. I am selling it on the bay, though i probably should have asked questions here before i listed it. Oh well. Pictures of front, dial, and back attached. The dial picture is a bit hard to see because the watch crystal is muddled.

Front.JPG Back.JPG Dial Logo.JPG

The front dial has the following labels:
Baume and Mercier (with the stylized cursive B and M)
GENEVE
[Gold Star]

Automatic

The case back has the following engraving:

B&M 10K GF

I was wondering if anyone could give me the following info:

1. Movement Calibre
2. Model Name
3. Approximate Production Date

Thank you!
Jon

·
Zenith Forum Co-moderator
18,045 Posts
Welcome to the Vintage forum. The watch looks very much late forties or early fifties. I am not sure whether there is a model name - in those days, many makers only had reference numbers for their products. As for the movement, only a picture would help us identify it. My guess would be on a Felsa Bidynator if it's automatic unless it has a bumper movement - AS or ETA rotor movements would definitely place it into the fifties.

Hartmut Richter

·
Registered
13,428 Posts
Hi
I can only guess how you managed to list this piece. I dread to search and learn.

But based on the pictures and your questions, I suspect it will sell for peanuts, unless you have reserve/minim BIN price?

·
Registered
285 Posts
Hi,
Nice bay auction - Thank You Adam.
I also bet on Bidynator inside - probably Felsa 692.
Star on dial - I've seen those on watches from the mid 50's but mostly painted.

aRm

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hartmut, Horologist007, and armian thanks so much for your replies. I originally wanted to wait on this watch until i had more info or could get a professional to open the caseback and take a peek, and possibly get it restored before i sold it. But i don't have the funds or the time to do that, so i listed a bit hastily. Fortunately, i got it for fairly cheap, so i wont take a loss, just in case it does sell for peanuts.

Anyway, thanks so much for your information, it helps a lot and ill update the listing to reflect the probable movement.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts