WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,
I'm in the process of bringing back to life some watches that I had as a kid (over 20 years ago) and that includes the Casio below.

Fantastic that after two decades all it needed was a new battery to get it going. But now I need some expert knowledge:

I don't have the back case, as you can see from the pics. Any idea which model this is? So I can buy a case & strap

I know it's an analog/digital but looking on Casio's website I couldn't find it (even the discontinued section)

Ideas?

Thanks,

PHG

·
Registered
6,457 Posts
Backplate shot?
Model is on the bakcplate.
So far it's one of many analog digital Casio based on very popular in mid 90s module.

·
Registered
6,457 Posts
Without back exact model is one of 100 or so. Google is as good friend of his as of mine.
It's really hard to find.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Thanks everyone!

I've spent hours on Casio's website going through their discontinued catalogue, one by one, and couldn't find it.

I'll try google with keywords such as AW or vintage Casios.

Even if I don't find the exact model, maybe I can get a backplate and strap from a similar model that would fit. Not ideal but better than nothing...

·
Registered
347 Posts
get the module number for similar models, search with that. battery type is a good hint. search with " casio quartz ana digi water resist 50m". it will come up, no problem.

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
Hi everyone,
I'm in the process of bringing back to life some watches that I had as a kid (over 20 years ago) and that includes the Casio below.

Fantastic that after two decades all it needed was a new battery to get it going. But now I need some expert knowledge:

I don't have the back case, as you can see from the pics. Any idea which model this is? So I can buy a case & strap

I know it's an analog/digital but looking on Casio's website I couldn't find it (even the discontinued section)

Ideas?

View attachment 15370609 View attachment 15370610

Thanks,

PHG
I found this one with the opposite color scheme:

Adjustments.jpg

It’s listed as an AQW-5 with a 308 module. I couldn’t find one with your exact color scheme...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Great! Thanks to every one of you for the help and knowledge provided.
Already bidding on a similar model 'for repairs/parts' on ebay and ordered a new strap.

Amazing to see that the watch is actually from 1989!

It's always good to bring back a watch to life!

PHG

1 - 10 of 10 Posts