WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I got my Orient Blue Ray last week with the AWESOME dolphin strap, which I already had a replacement strap on order to replace. Why in the hell do they have that horrible strap anyway? I mean the strap isn't really too bad, but why the dolphins?? But I guess that's a discussion for another day...

This is my first nice watch, after a few G-shocks and Timex cheapos, so this is my first strap change. I've watched videos and read on how to do it. I'm just looking for any tips or tricks, because I don't really see it being as easy as they make it look on the videos. Also, I've seen many watches in perfect condition other than the scratches on the lugs from strap changes. I'm planning on making the change on Monday when I can get my strap, so I'll be sure to post pics! I'm super excited to see the final product :) thanks in advance for the info!!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
994 Posts
A good strap changing tool is a must. No butter knives or other improvised tools.

Well lit flat surface-put a towel down. It will protect the watch and helps catch a loose spring bar

Work from the back side

Protect the lugs with tape if you feel the need.

Steady even pressure.

·
Registered
687 Posts
Pretty much what amac said. I bought the tool and it was a breeze working with it. I just did my first change couple hours ago.

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Dont use the lugs as a pivoting point. Like a hinge on a seesaw. Thats how you damage it. Try to stick it in straight and even pressure inwards. Once you get a few in youll get the hang of it. Goodluck!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
36,128 Posts
A good strap changing tool is a must. No butter knives or other improvised tools.

Well lit flat surface-put a towel down. It will protect the watch and helps catch a loose spring bar

Work from the back side

Protect the lugs with tape if you feel the need.

Steady even pressure.
Yup.

Patience and don't force anything.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys! I already have the tool waiting, so all I need is the strap! I'll post pics when I'm all done :)

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts