WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My wife has been acting weird lately. Last night at about 2am, I felt her get up to go to the bathroom, and for the next 10 minutes she was on the phone with someone. I'm certain she muttered "I love you" at the end, trying to keep her voice down. Naturally I acted like I was asleep when she got back. She's been doing the same thing for a while, and I can't help but wonder where she's been going after work, since she's been "working overtime" everyday for the past several weeks. Since today's an especially nice day with the sun out and everything, I decided to borrow my best friend's BMW 335i convertible for a drive and try to think things through. I drove into a gas station to fill her up after the drive, went to the bathroom, and after I came out the car wasn't there anymore. I've left the keys in the ignition, and some scum had apparently driven off with it. My heart almost stopped. I looked down at my watch, it was 2:39pm. I suddenly noticed that there's a tiny mark on the crystal. I must have ding'ed it against the door knob coming out of the bathroom! I felt like I've just been through a cold shower. My beloved watch was damaged! It's the worst thing that has ever happened to me! I need your help, seriously! Should I get the crystal replaced? Should I leave it there and see it as some sort of "personality" of the watch? I'm so stressed! It's my favorite watch!

·
Premium Member
6,789 Posts
It's like the joke where a guy gets into a terrible car accident. When the police arrive, he's wailing and crying "My beautiful BMW! On no, my gorgeous car!" A policeman says "Sir, you need to put things in perspective. You're so worried about your car you haven't even noticed you left arm is missing."
"Oh no! My Rolex!!"

·
Registered
575 Posts
Hey, yesterday was April 1st....am I missing something? As for the crystal, what are you crazy? OF course you have to replace it; walk to the nearest watchman and put your money down.

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Yes, I agree completely. You make a valid point.

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
Omg, I feel so sorry for you. That watch will have lost 50% of it's resale value. Did you buy insurance?

·
Registered
6,061 Posts
I'm gonna take a wild stab and be on the this was meant to be a humorous post side, so I got a good laugh out of it. I hope I was supposed to laugh? It reminds of a supposed letter written years ago by a young lady who was in college. The letter was written to her parents, and she went on to tell them how messed up her life had become and that she was pregnant, only to end the letter with the truth, which was she was flunking some important classes. If you've never seen this letter, I have included a link for your amusement:

snopes.com: Daughter's Letter Home

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
I'm gonna take a wild stab and be on the this was meant to be a humorous post side, so I got a good laugh out of it. I hope I was supposed to laugh?
Rule of Thumb: If you're not sure you should probably hold off on the hysterical laughter until humorous intent has been verified.

Example: A 300 lb. Hell's Angel crashes his H-D hog in front of your house while you are raking leaves and gets up laughing when the rest of his biker peer group stops to see if he's OK... The fact that he's laughing doesn't necessarily mean it's time for you to laugh.

·
Registered
6,061 Posts
Rule of Thumb: If you're not sure you should probably hold off on the hysterical laughter until humorous intent has been verified.

Example: A 300 lb. Hell's Angel crashes his H-D hog in front of your house while you are raking leaves and gets up laughing when the rest of his biker peer group stops to see if he's OK... The fact that he's laughing doesn't necessarily mean it's time for you to laugh.
OK.....so are you saying you bought that story? Don't get me wrong, if everything the guy wrote is true, I certainly feel for him, but his wife, his buddy's BMW, leading to the punch line of a ding on a Snoopy watch, leads me to think we were pranked. If we weren't, the guy has a right to cry in his beer. But, I think he's laughing in his beer.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
OK.....so are you saying you bought that story? Don't get me wrong, if everything the guy wrote is true, I certainly feel for him, but his wife, his buddy's BMW, leading to the punch line of a ding on a Snoopy watch, leads me to think we were pranked. If we weren't, the guy has a right to cry in his beer. But, I think he's laughing in his beer.
Lol you're absolutely right. It's supposed to be a belated april fools day joke, and I am infact having a beer and laughing. Glad you liked it!

·
Registered
6,061 Posts
Lol you're absolutely right. It's supposed to be a belated april fools day joke, and I am infact having a beer and laughing. Glad you liked it!
Thanks for the laugh. I did enjoy it!

·
Registered
28,501 Posts
I've heard it gets very cold in Canada and people spend a great deal of time indoors...

1 - 20 of 31 Posts