WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
331 Posts
Citizen Grand Classic NB0040-58A

Caution! When removing links they are held in place with screws that have a 1 mm head and I stripped the head on one link during the sizing process. I have a 1 mm jeweler's screwdriver but perhaps not the highest quality. Before trying to size the bracelet, be sure that you have a high quality screwdriver of the correct size and that you have a device to hold the bracelet while removing the screw.
As I knew the bracelet has screws, this was exactly why I ordered the best screwdrivers available before purchasing this watch.
Altough I must say I didn't expect for it to have 1mm screws, but 1,6mm. But I ordered the 1mm screwdriver for fine regulating ETA movements anyway, so no harm done.

I have a lot of cheap screwdrivers, but they slip all the time, as they are too sharp, like on pic 3 here:
Maintenance and Repair of Watchmaker's Screwdrivers [11/2000] - TimeZone

These are the screwdrivers that I have on the way:
Horotec MSA 01.203-160 (1.6mm)
Horotec Ball Bearing Individual Screwdriver with Replacement Blades

Bergeon BERG-30080-16 (1.8mm)
Bergeon Intermediate Screwdriver Sizes

And also at Watchtool. But they are scammers, so I will have to open a Paypal dispute for a second time. I didn't order them at Ofrei, because I didn't knew if they come with spare blades.
But I see now that USD prices are a lot cheaper even with spare blades purchased separately.
Bergeon 6899 Ultimate - Bergeon Screwdriver 6899-AT-100 ?1.00mm = Black
Bergeon 6899 Ultimate - Bergeon Screwdriver 6899-AT-160 ?1.60mm = Violet

As for a device for holding the bracelet, I don't recommend one. I know for a fact that even plastic scratches polished bracelet sides.
I can do it in my hands just fine, even the ones that have two screws.
But I protect everything with electric tape now anyway, for example lugs when changing straps or bracelet sides when resizing. This is the only way to be sure you won't scratch anything. I used Scotch tape before, but spring bars tear even two pieces right away.

Reactions: IanGrey

· Registered
331 Posts
Here is also a great comparison between the 2, and also 3 more:
https://www.watchuseek.com/f71/comprehensive-comparative-review-5-watches-38-40mm-range-848799.html
Citizen was a clear winner here.

As for me, I never cared for SARB, because it is too small. Seiko has bigger watches in their lineup:
Mechanical
Presage
Brightz

But Citizen Signature Grand Classic NB0040-58A (white/blue one) has been on my buy list since September, and I have not found a better watch since, except for the already bought Seiko SDGC027.

· Registered
331 Posts
I have to buy this watch asap. Only problem is, I like the CW C60 just the same.
But they are both not that expensive, so I will have both sooner or later.

Reactions: IanGrey
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.