WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1,619 Posts
I bought a SARB because of the price and because I really like the looks. I think it looks better than the Citizen. That said, mechanically speaking the Citizen is clearly superior. The 6R15 is "good for the price," whereas the movement in the Citizen is good, full stop. Moreover, if you want the Citizen, I think you'll regret opting for the budget choice. I didn't want to spend the money, even if I had it, and I also was on the fence regarding the Citizen's looks. I still am. Hopefully one day I'll get to see one live. That will settle it.

Also, I agree that you should check out the new SARX models as well as the Orients.

· Registered
1,619 Posts
The looks are subjective - I think they are both attractive. The Seiko has the classic under-stated Design Grammar look. The Citizen is a little quirkier. I own a silver faced Citizen (which is the second reviewed in this thread):

https://www.watchuseek.com/f2/thank...r-ago-citizen-signature-automatic-734552.html

I have never handled a SARB or SCVS in person but I can say, first-hand, that the Citizen is a fine watch with U.S. based dealers. Also, if you call around, you might be pleasantly surprised by the prices you can find.
I'm bothered by the blue hands, which I find are too bright. I enjoy the blued hands on my Stowa, but those are subtly blue: in most light, they're in fact black. I should add that if the Citizen had the same dial as the Chronomaster, it would be game over.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.