WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear fellow watch lovers, I just got hold of this Cartier watch from my uncle. I tried to get more information about the watch on the Internet but could not find any. I would appreciate very much if fellow forummers can enlighten me on the details of the watch. Thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,743 Posts
Hi and welcome.

Somebody who comes in here may be able to help, but 1997 isn't really old enough for most of us. And Cartier are never cheap enough either - certainly not for me. ;-)

The number that you have obscured is more likely to be the model number than the serial number - that may help with googling.

Looks very nice.:-!

·
Moderator Emeritus
54,683 Posts
Tried to ask an AD ?

I am missing the T of Water Resistant. Is is really engraved that bad or is ist just the angle of the photo ? Where's the cabochon ? Missing "Swiss Made" on the back as well.

·
Registered
5,315 Posts
Wouldn't surprise me to find that its not even Cartier; the wind indicator is nice, but the 24hr display strikes me as something you put on a watch to make it look more "expensive" then it is.

·
Registered
41,222 Posts
:-d "Wind indicator", known as a Santos Round, wind indicator is a power reserve and the 24 hr display
means a second time zone and it's all driven with base G.P. 3300.
Wouldn't surprise me to find that its not even Cartier; the wind indicator is nice, but the 24hr display strikes me as something you put on a watch to make it look more "expensive" then it is.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the help. I am a newbie when it comes to watches, and I was hoping to get some views from the experts out there to save myself a trip to the Cartier Service Centre. More comments and views on the model, history, movement etc of the watch are much appreciated.

·
Registered
2,972 Posts
Try Googling "Cartier Santos Ronde Aviator Watch".

I found at least one other on the web for sale that looks the same. However, Cartier watches are so often faked that I would never buy one used without some kind of airtight provenance from the factory. And I wouldn't have a clue what that would look like other than a letter addressed to me from Cartier.

There are just too many fakes out there. I think you are going to need to go to a Cartier store to find out for sure.

Just my opinion,
gatorcpa

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks a lot, gatorcpa. I will make a trip down to the Cartier service center to authenticate the watch the moment I get home from my overseas assignments.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts