WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys -
I'm having a look at a watch today and need help in determining whether it's a replica/fake or it indeed is a gen watch. Sorry the pictures aren't the best but if you can tell please let me know, also if you guys know of the model number please let me know so that I can do a bit of self research on the net.

$_20 (1).JPG

$_20 (2).JPG

$_20.JPG

$_20 (3).JPG

Thanks for the help :)

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It is advertised for sale on a local online forum where I live. I will be seeing it today - but wanted to know what to look for/whether it's genuine.
Thanks

·
Premium Member
40,688 Posts
Gunnar has a point, people who make fake watches mainly focus on more popular brands (Rolex/Omega/Etc...) but yeah better safe than sorry :p
People who fake watches will fake anything (and certainly stuff less expensive than Maurice Lacroix).

Better safe than sorry is good advice though.

·
Registered
3,482 Posts
I'm scratching my head as well... an established brand name with straight end bracelet?
The only Swiss Brand that i had encountered using straight end bracelet, is RADO. And that's the most recent release.
But Swiss brands which i know/encountered during the 80s till early 2k's, will have curved ends bracelets, no matter how bad it will worn out due to frequent wearing.

That straight end bracelet really beaten me down this time... is there any picture with the back case popped off?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
it's definitely a legit watch, I opened the back after buying it and it has an 8 jewel swiss quartz movement labelled maurice lacroix. It was cheap (120$ aud) and was in perfect condition. The bracelet is not original - the model number is 73403 and it originally comes with a black leather strap (i've refitted one of my own black leather straps and it looks great).

Thanks guys

1 - 12 of 12 Posts