WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, as some of you may know, I just got my first great watch, a vintage 145.022-69 Speedy, I just can't take it off...I thought it would be enough, but I really can't stop thinking of buying a second one. How do you control the watch acquisition syndrome? And, if somehow I can't help it, which one should be the next? I'm really inclined to get a seamaster...2351.80? POs? I have a small wrist, so 42,5mm is the top width for me, I guess.

kind regards

·
Registered
123 Posts
Hate to say it, but once the bug has bitten, there is nowhere to hide.

After my speedy I bought an AT next. Sporty Speedy and Dressy AT (that can swim as well). I'm so happy I've almost lost my appetite for a PO.........almost.

·
Registered
61 Posts
You're doomed, doomed....

:)

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Hate to say it, but once the bug has bitten, there is nowhere to hide.

After my speedy I bought an AT next. Sporty Speedy and Dressy AT (that can swim as well). I'm so happy I've almost lost my appetite for a PO.........almost.
THIS, minus the PO. I will live with the Speedie and incoming AT. Period (I hope...)

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hi, as some of you may know, I just got my first great watch, a vintage 145.022-69 Speedy, I just can't take it off...I thought it would be enough, but I really can't stop thinking of buying a second one. How do you control the watch acquisition syndrome? And, if somehow I can't help it, which one should be the next? I'm really inclined to get a seamaster...2351.80? POs? I have a small wrist, so 42,5mm is the top width for me, I guess.

kind regards
How to control the watch acquisition syndrome? You kinda can't. I wore my 3590.50 Speedy for 5 years as my only watch and I was just bragging to my friends how I would never buy a second watch. The very next day I bought a 2901.50.37 Planet Ocean. I also have small wrists (about 6.35") and it's not so much wide as it is tall (and top heavy). I couldn't imagine wearing the 8500 PO with its height since mine is already pretty thick. But, I still enjoy it.

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
Do yourself a favor to save your sanity and stress: just buy another one.

Seriously.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,401 Posts
They are addicting! This year I bought a Bond SMP.... Then sold it to get a 42mm PO. Now I'm planning on getting a Speedy.... I agree, it never ends (plus, I can see myself with a blue AT in the future).

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Do yourself a favor to save your sanity and stress: just buy another one.

Seriously.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Hehehe...I think I don't have a choice...Here in Brazil is very very difficult to find ATs, so I'm between two watches...the PO 42mm and the Bond automatic...They are both second-hand watches, and they both look pretty good, but I think the PO looks a little bit suspicious, as the seller is asking for something around US$ 2.600,00. The Bond is something around US$ 2.2k...What do you think?
62017B1B-F3FE-4322-B502-8ED9645CC19A.jpg 2BFABDB3-3738-42E0-B211-7BB54B218119.jpg

Reactions: TitanCi

·
Registered
197 Posts

kind regards
make yourself happy, just get another one.

As long as you getting a pre-owned one, the watch will not loss much of the value, who know it may gain in value.

It will cure your watch acquisition syndrome.

·
Registered
775 Posts
The watch acquisition bug...what bug?.... <obsessing over the PO liquid metal>....might as well get the speedy 3573

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
Ha ha, you've opened the bottle and now your asking! :-d

·
Registered
269 Posts
Hehehe...I think I don't have a choice...Here in Brazil is very very difficult to find ATs, so I'm between two watches...the PO 42mm and the Bond automatic...They are both second-hand watches, and they both look pretty good, but I think the PO looks a little bit suspicious, as the seller is asking for something around US$ 2.600,00. The Bond is something around US$ 2.2k...What do you think?
View attachment 1627047 View attachment 1627050
Have you looked into the Seamaster 2254? ImageUploadedByTapatalk1410273225.025758.jpg

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
View attachment 1627047 View attachment 1627050
Seems like a fair price, albeit on the upper end, for a nice used 2500 42 mm PO. I've seen some go for $2.2-2.5k. Not too far off

1 - 17 of 17 Posts