WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I apologise if someone has posted this question before. I'm looking for vintage military/aviator style watches. The following are my preferences:
  • Black PVD case
  • Black dial face
  • Brown vintage colour hands and markings
  • Tan/light brown leather watch strap
I don't really mind if it is quartz but it would be nice if its an automatic(that would be very pricey =( )

These are the watches that I've found so far:

Bell & Ross WW1 – 92 Heritage (£2,200)
ww1-92-heritage-1.jpg

Bell & Ross BR-03 94 Heritage (£3,950)
br03-94-heritage-1.jpg

Bell & Ross BR03-92 Heritage (£2,700)
br0392heritage-1.jpg

Bell & Ross BR01-92 Heritage (£3,100)
BR01-92_HERITAGE-1.jpg

Bell & Ross BR 126 Vintage Heritage (£2,950)
br-126-ca-1a.jpg

Bell & Ross BR 123 Vintage Heritage (£1,950)
br-123-ca-1a.jpg

STEINHART Nav B-Chrono II Black DLC (£702)
459352254nbc2_blk_2012_02.jpg

Timex IQ Men's Fly Back Chrono Strap - T2N700 (£124.99)
t2n700-1.jpg

My favourites are Bell & Ross watches but of course those are far too expensive for my budget.

The most affordable option is the Timex T2N700 but there are a few flaws: the second hand doesn't align with the markings and the most annoying 1,3,6,8,9 mistake at the lower right of the watch. I cannot tolerate with the misalligned markings as there is no point having the second hand if the markings are inaccurate.

My only option left is the Steinhart Nav B-Chrono II black DLC, which is reasonably priced considering that it is using a Swiss Made automatic movement. However it is still slightly over my budget so I would like to get everyone's opinion on any alternative watches. Thanks in advance.

·
Banned
585 Posts
Re: Help: Looking for vintage military/aviator style watches

Check out Hamilton. This one looks pretty much all you asked for.

h70585733.jpg

Ali

·
Registered
7 Posts
Re: Help: Looking for vintage military/aviator style watches

Take a look at Stowa and Laco, no black cases but those are about as accurate as they come for vintage military/aviator. I believe it's said around here that Stowa is better quality, while Laco produces watches that are closer to replicas of watches in WWII.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for all your suggestions, I will look into the watches that you all have mentioned ;-)

Meanwhile I've came across this watch:
Tsovet FW331011-02 (GBP320)
fw331011-021000_blk.jpg

The watch dial is very pretty and it is very close to my criteria except for the watch strap part, which I very much prefer the light brown/tan colour strap that gives you the vintage look.

BTW has anyone heard of Tsovet? Are their watches any good?

·
Registered
752 Posts
Instead of posting my own, I would like to revive this thread!

Are there any more/new suggestions out there?

·
Registered
6,649 Posts
Christopher Ward C11 MSL Automatic, Vintage Edition.

CW C11 MSL Automatic - Vintage Edition.jpg
borrowed pic.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Ofcourse there are the Panerai PVD's that the lum-tec watches are inspired by.

·
Registered
9,517 Posts
That PVD/DLC pam 005 is not done by pam
There are several pvd/dlc pam,but the price are IMHO too expensive (26,28,195,360,363 comes to mind,I believe there are some other models)

·
Registered
286 Posts
Very surprised no one has mentioned the christopher ward c8 heritage as it is pretty much the watch you are looking for.

·
Banned
101 Posts
The most affordable option is the Timex T2N700 but there are a few flaws: the second hand doesn't align with the markings and the most annoying 1,3,6,8,9 mistake at the lower right of the watch. I cannot tolerate with the misalligned markings as there is no point having the second hand if the markings are inaccurate.
Timex must have corrected the error of the 1,3,6,8,9 markings because current pictures show 1,3,5,7,9 like it should be.

Another similar watch is the Timex T49905 Expedition, even though the strap is a little bit darker.

·
Registered
751 Posts
Since it's been awhile, let's update some of the more recent "Vintage PVD/IP/DLC" watches out there.

Timex Linear Chrono, T2P277. 46/47mm case, 22mm strap (finally!)

Ben & Sons 10004-BB-01-BGA pilot date (no lume. :-()

The Brooklyn watch CLA-C is still an option; Sapphire glass, but NO LUME or date. bleah.

If you don't need a full "tan" for the markers or hands, then I would recommend the Fossil Aeroflite series, available in straight black w/white markers & hands, or the same PVD case & 4:00 crown with "antiqued" hands & markers on brown single-rivet pilot strap. Love that it keeps the date. Yes, I DID get one!

I wish I could get that Parnis quartz "top gun" homage chrono with vintage markers & hands (not orange) and 22mm lugs, but it's only available in the PVD case with either white or orange, and the lugs are 21mm. Again, Bleah.

Let's keep this thread open! Any more Vintage (tan) trimmed black-cased watches that we may have missed?

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
So we've gone from a Bell & Ross, to a Pam, to a Timex ?

Can't wait to see what's next.

Sent from my Android XT1030 with big fingers

1 - 17 of 17 Posts