WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all,

This is my first post in the Hamilton sub-forum but definitely glad to be here and hopefully will drop by more often.

I am looking to pick up my first Hamilton Pilot/Officer watch and found a few that all have traits/characteristics I like which is making this decision terribly difficult.

I am deciding between the Khaki Field Officer Auto, Khaki Pilot 46mm, and Khaki Aviation Qne. They all fit my requirements of auto, 44mm+, black dial, black or brown strap, and are all priced somewhat close to each other.

Which would you all recommend as my first Hammy and Pilot/Fleiger/Officer watch and why? I really like the look of the Pilot but 46mm might be a bit much on my 6.75-7" wrist. So far I have the Field Officer at the top of the list. I saw a few in the flesh but didn't know which model was which at the time but I knew I had to have one and hence led me here!

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Hello, I like the Field Officer Automatic. I tried one on a few monthes ago and although I primarily own dive watches I really liked it. Very affordable as well. I went back to take another look and it was sold :(
Best of luck with your decision! Cheers :)

·
Registered
351 Posts
I just got my first Hamilton a week ago and it was the QNE black face and I love it. I was looking at the same 3 watches as you and I went with the QNE based on its strap (which I love) and its aviation theme. I will say that the display back is a little wierd so if seeing the movement is a big deal for you then you may want to look elsewhere. I do like that is a more original design than the others. Victorinox makes pretty much the exact same watch as the field, so theres not a lot of uniqueness to that one. Hope this helps.

Mike

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Pictures, pictures, pictures.

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
They are all nice watches...the Pilot is definitely large, though. The other two are a little smaller overall, but with a little longer lugs.

I have about 6.8" wrists (wide and thin) and I felt the Pilot was too big for me though when I tried it on. The 42mm Pilot was a better fit, but it only comes in quartz.

If I had to choose between those three, I would probably go with the Field Officer. I really like the look of the Field watches, and ultimately I went with the "standard" 42mm Field Auto. It fits my wrist well and is large but not huge--personally, I think it wears a little larger than 42mm due to the large dial/crystal and longer lugs.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts