WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

I am thinking about getting a g-shock soon and am having a hard time deciding between these three options. I like the price of the g9000 Mudman. I really like the looks of the Gulfman. The GW9010 Mudman seems like a compromise between the two. It has the atomic time and solar power like the Gulfman, but is cheaper. I think it looks better than the cheaper mudman, but not as good as the gulfman.

Please help me choose!

Thanks,
Grinning

http://www.amazon.com/Casio-G-Shock-Mudman-Atomic-GW9010-1/dp/B001A65ZBC/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

http://www.amazon.com/Casio-G-Shock-Mudman-Digital-G9000-1V/dp/B000FPVUJA/ref=pd_cp_watch_2?pf_rd_p=413863201&pf_rd_s=center-41&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B001A65ZBC&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=155VZ6X8A0Z5MCHJVG15

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000UV5QD0/ref=olp_product_details?ie=UTF8&me=&seller=

·
Banned
5,568 Posts
Re: Help me choose my first g-shock

Welcome grinning and you've got it narrowed down to a few good watches. I own a G-9000MC-3 and the GW-9010 and I couldn't be happier with both of them. Kind of a tough choice but atomic/solar is a non issue for you then I would go for the G-9000 Mudman.

·
Registered
403 Posts

Good choices, all of them. Since this was your first post, i'd say choose the one that speaks to you now because you will have every option purchased in a few months if you keep up with the forum ;-)

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)

I really hope to find one and stick with it. I already have two other expensive hobbies (hi-fi headphones and R/C helicopters)!

I have a Invicta Pro Diver Automatic as an everyday watch. I am looking for a good digital for geophysics field work.

Grinning

·
Registered
2,740 Posts

I really hope to find one and stick with it. I already have two other expensive hobbies (hi-fi headphones and R/C helicopters)!

I have a Invicta Pro Diver Automatic as an everyday watch. I am looking for a good digital for geophysics field work.

Grinning
If you are looking for field work, then maybe one of the Pathfinder/Protreks would be good. They are also quite tough, and their ABC (Altimeter, Barometer, Compass, Thermometer) features could be useful. The 1300 series (Pathfinder) is a slim watch with a large, easy to read display. I have the 1300T (Titanium and bracelet) and it is quite comfortable.

Good luck!

·
Registered
3,418 Posts

hi, i'm new to gshocks and just got the gulfman. for me, the most important criteria was the atomic/solar aspect...and then, the looks. (IMO gshock prices on most of the g models on amazon are reasonable and they all seem very reliable and durable) everything else was secondary. so, if you can swing the more expensive price, and don't care about having the day and date on the dial simultaneously ( like on the mudman), i'd get the gulfman. my two cents!

good luck with your decision.

·
Registered
35,399 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

I would vote for the GW9010 since it does have the latest technology.

Good luck on your choice! :-!

·
Registered
29,512 Posts
The Gulfman is the most appealing, the Mudman is fine, the Rally Mudman doesn't appeal at all.

·
Registered
13,980 Posts
:thanks but I really wonder about ScottsHighland's problems after he swapped the bezel to the red one too:think:. Seems strange to me - I just can't believe that the red bezel really affects reception. It has to be some other cause.

Greetings, Sedi :)

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hi All,
Just to update this thread, I ended up getting the Mudman 9010. While I thought that this was going to be my field work watch, I have worn it almost every day since getting it. I keep looking at the Invicta and thinking that I should wear it more, but in the end it stays on the bedside table while I put on the Mudman.

Some picks are here:
https://www.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=258361

Grinning

·
Registered
79 Posts
Go with you heart and instincts.If your here and posting it won't be your last.I think Riley had the key.. get all three and then wonder from there.How far wrong can you go with a G?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts