WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all im fairly new to this forum and it has guided me to purchasing my seiko skx007 as my first lower-end automatic, im looking at other divers now and i can't decide between the few!

Help me choose my next diver! Benarus Remora/Boschett CD(Miyota)/Bernhardt Seashark/ChristopherW C60

For reference i have the links here.

Benarus Remora:
Benarus Watches

- which i've read reviews and are supposed to be really hardy and good!

Boschett CD:
Boschett Timepieces - Cave Dweller 2

- which is nice but i'm concerned might be too big!

Christopher Ward C60 Trident:
View All Dive Men

and Bernhardt Sea shark:
Bernhardt Watch

In terms of price they vary quite abit but i'm trying to figure if theres a difference in quality that relates to the higher prices etc.

For the remora, the design is nice, sleek and simple and i like that it has the sapphire bezel as well!
For the Boschett, its a little big but it looks like it has nice wrist prescence and a unique looking piece!
For the CW, the brand itself sounds quite expensive and I think its a v unique piece with some rolex styling, but still w its own unique style (trident etc)
and the Bernhardt Seashark, at the cheapest, looks like a good deal, but with record of poor lume and no AR on the sapphire im abit skeptical.

Can anyone whos owned the few or has some of these give me some feedback please? i really am confused!

Oh and also, i've been looking at the Bernhardt Globemaster and i REALLY LIKE IT. however, for now fred at bernhardt says its out but he will make more once the movement comes, if anyone wants to sell theirs PLEASE DO LET ME KNOW :D

i was thinking of getting a GMT version of something as i think they're quite ince to own but they are expensive,

anyway all feedback is welcome! please let me know!

Remora: $730USD w/ shipping
Bernhardt: $299 USD + shipping
Boschett: $490 + Shipping
Christopher ward: 325 pounds which adds up to be about 700 odd USD? + shipping!

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Re: Help me choose my next diver! Benarus Remora/Boschett CD(Miyota)/Bernhardt Seashark/ChristopherW

BTW! am also considering DEEP BLUE depth master/ alpha marine and the ARMIDA watches! open to any other suggestions as well! :)my budget is anything below $1000!

·
Registered
4,062 Posts
Re: Help me choose my next diver! Benarus Remora/Boschett CD(Miyota)/Bernhardt Seashark/ChristopherW

Remora...by an extremely large margin!

·
Registered
5,278 Posts

Of all the watches you listed, I would go with either the Remora or Armida A2. The Cave Dweller is a HUGE chunk of steel, and I eventually sold mine because it was just too big and heavy. However, the quality is definitely good, and that ratcheting clasp is awesome. I have also owned the Bernhardt Sea Shark. The quality is excellent, and the bracelet is REALLY nice. However, the lume isn't very good, and it doesn't have a date wheel, which is why I sold mine.

I've never seen a Remora in the flesh, but all the reviews are positive, and that case design is really sexy. I DO own the Armida A2 with eta movement, and I was really surprised by the quality of this piece. It's just an all around classic military design, and it's really comfortable. Plus, the lume is blinding! Since you're budget is $1000, you'll have more than enough money left over to buy an Isofrane strap for it if you like...see my pic below. If you're thinking about going with the A1, it's a big watch...probably a little bigger than the Cave Dweller. For reference, I have a 6.75 inch wrist diameter.

·
Banned
4,512 Posts

I would go for the CW, a great looker, 325 pounds is more like $500, nothing wrong with any of them.
Hi all im fairly new to this forum and it has guided me to purchasing my seiko skx007 as my first lower-end automatic, im looking at other divers now and i can't decide between the few!

Help me choose my next diver! Benarus Remora/Boschett CD(Miyota)/Bernhardt Seashark/ChristopherW C60

For reference i have the links here.

Benarus Remora:
Benarus Watches

- which i've read reviews and are supposed to be really hardy and good!

Boschett CD:
Boschett Timepieces - Cave Dweller 2

- which is nice but i'm concerned might be too big!

Christopher Ward C60 Trident:
View All Dive Men

and Bernhardt Sea shark:
Bernhardt Watch

In terms of price they vary quite abit but i'm trying to figure if theres a difference in quality that relates to the higher prices etc.

For the remora, the design is nice, sleek and simple and i like that it has the sapphire bezel as well!
For the Boschett, its a little big but it looks like it has nice wrist prescence and a unique looking piece!
For the CW, the brand itself sounds quite expensive and I think its a v unique piece with some rolex styling, but still w its own unique style (trident etc)
and the Bernhardt Seashark, at the cheapest, looks like a good deal, but with record of poor lume and no AR on the sapphire im abit skeptical.

Can anyone whos owned the few or has some of these give me some feedback please? i really am confused!

Oh and also, i've been looking at the Bernhardt Globemaster and i REALLY LIKE IT. however, for now fred at bernhardt says its out but he will make more once the movement comes, if anyone wants to sell theirs PLEASE DO LET ME KNOW :D

i was thinking of getting a GMT version of something as i think they're quite ince to own but they are expensive,

anyway all feedback is welcome! please let me know!

Remora: $730USD w/ shipping
Bernhardt: $299 USD + shipping
Boschett: $490 + Shipping
Christopher ward: 325 pounds which adds up to be about 700 odd USD? + shipping!

·
Registered
4,576 Posts

Remora or Armida others you listed are not even in the same class as those two. If size is an issue probably the Remora if your a lume freek the A1 superdome is the absolute king for brightness and longevity plus I think its more unique but thats just me.

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi!

Thanks for all your replies so far! what about watches like the artego sea king?

i've actualy been looking and really like the armida a1! it looks so special and unique but has a similar vibe to the remora as well! now i'm in abit of confusion. haha.

i've also been looking at deep blue watches? are they up to this standard as well?

are you saying the benarus and armida are better in terms of quality from the rest?
just honest opinions and no offence to anybody please :D

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
How about the Halios Puck which will be released in January?

WOWWWW that is a good llooking watch!! any idea how much it retails for? or the specs?

sapphire/domed/flat/bezel etc? :)

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi guys! i think now im leaning more to the BENARUS REMORA because it has a nice sapphire bezel, the ARMIDA A1 because it is so special with the domed crystal or the halios puck which simply looks amazing! what i want is a watch which can last a long time and im abit concerned that the armida or halios might not be able to without getting small scratches on the bezel? because they arent ceramic / sapphire?

what do you guys think?

·
Registered
823 Posts
Also take a look at SaS. Just click the blue face watch in the top right hand corner.......the Sea Legend is my next watch......

·
Registered
5,278 Posts
Hi guys! i think now im leaning more to the BENARUS REMORA because it has a nice sapphire bezel, the ARMIDA A1 because it is so special with the domed crystal or the halios puck which simply looks amazing! what i want is a watch which can last a long time and im abit concerned that the armida or halios might not be able to without getting small scratches on the bezel? because they arent ceramic / sapphire?

what do you guys think?
I wouldn't be too concerned with scratching up the bezel. IMO, a few scratches just add character to a watch. While it's true that sapphire is pretty scratch proof, it's more prone to shattering if it takes a hard hit. For that reason, I'd rather have a stainless steel bezel insert over the sapphire because, if your watch is going to take a hit, it will likely be on or close to the bezel.

·
Registered
23 Posts
WOWWWW that is a good llooking watch!! any idea how much it retails for? or the specs?

sapphire/domed/flat/bezel etc? :)

I have heard it will be around $700.

Specs from the Halios website:

The 1000M (nicknamed “The Puck”) stays true to the archetype of the purpose-built instrument.
Oversized hands and markers provide optimal
legibility on the most visually challenging dives,
while the ETA 2824-2 Swiss automatic movement
ensures precise timekeeping.

Specifications:

• Lugless case design: 47mm width, 14.5mm thickness
  • Highly scratch-resistant, double-domed 4mm sapphire crystal
  • Swiss ETA 2824-2 automatic movement
  • 120-click unidirectional rotating bezel
  • 1000M water-resistance
  • C3 Superluminova-coated hands, dial and bezel markers for optimal low-light visibility
RELEASE DATE: JANUARY 2012

·
Banned
653 Posts
Puck is going to be between $700 - $800...I would bet right in the middle at $750. I saw that you had checked out the Boschett...but were limiting yourself to the Miyota movement...and Swiss movements in the others...is that due to availability or ??

·
Registered
9,061 Posts
I vote for either the Remora or the Bernhardt (I saw the Bernhardt in the "steel" yesterday, it's very sharp)

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
That is a good point clouser! I never thought of it that way, that being said. Would it be near impossible to replace a bezel since these watches are all manufactured in small quantities? :/ I doubt I'd smash a watch hard enough to smash a sapphire crystal :/ Anyway, what do you guys think about helson watches? I liked that at one point but did see some bad reviews saying they had some sharp edges, poor quality sometimes. No offence to anyone but I am just wondering. Also about DEEP blue watches, how's their quality? Sorry for the overload of question I have really JUST discovered all these brands and am still in the midst of researching on them but if you guys have any first hand info that would be great! I am now definitely leaning more toward halios puck, benarus remora, I've found a secondhand benarus gmt worldiver bead blasted for $650 from someone on this forum! And maybe the christopher ward trident c60, although I've heard mixed feelings about that brand!

·
Registered
9,327 Posts
The Benarus stands above the others you list in the original post, in my opinion, but the suggestions of the Armida A1 and Halios Puck are solid choices as well. Not a fan of the Christopher Ward due to it not having a lumed second hand, although it looks nice. The 8215 in the Bernhardt SeaShark might be a deal killer if you want high-beat and hacking. With a budget of $700 there are many fine watches on the sales forum here as well, might be able to get a used Oris or Zixen which are also great choices.

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Benarus.
Outstanding bracelet too.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts