WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So. i ve been checking this site for a while.. and today i decided to post up since i need some help. I am looking to buy a vintage watch and these 4 got my attention. 1 Timex and 3 Certina vintage watches.

Timex: showing signs of wearing, scratches, in full working order.

$T2eC16ZHJHsFGlp!1(u5BRvfkqNLCg~~60_58.JPG

Certina Manual Wind Watch ( mentioned as 1971- 1983) just a few scratches, VG condition. C sign on the crown. good working order
certina.JPG

Certina Wind/Up watch. undated. not mention mechanism type. Good condition but some scratches etc.. good working order. C mark on the crown
cert 2.JPG cert 22.JPG

Certina Wind manual 17 jewels ( dated 1960~)5102 002 4060793 marked on back case. Working but mention as stopping occasionally so needs service.
cert 3.JPG

Now my questions are:
1. Is it worth buying the last one and repair it? and if so whats the maximum price i should pay for it
2. What is the price that a Certina like the one i posted goes for? ( ofc will depend on condition i know)
3. Is it the Times worth buying as a brand?
4. Which one of them would u pick if u were to buy one of them? and how much would u pay for?

Thanks a lot. I will be more active here as i got myself some vintage Russian watches.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
the only question I personally can answer is a matter of taste. i really like all the Certinas. The 2nd is my favorite. And it inspires me to go looking Certina. My two cents.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i like that second also the most. And i was looking around some brands and Certina is really nice. However i don't know how much should that be valued at since i only dealt with tissot so far

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah i know is a risk buying online..even by seeing pics with the movement is not the same as having in your hand. ill try ask for some more pics for the second one. anyhow there's a buyer protection and i will be paying with paypal and if is not as in the description i can ask a refund.

Hi there,

I'd buy none of them, because I don't buy watches without having seen the movement.

Regards, Roland Ranfft

1 - 9 of 9 Posts