WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey gents. I'm getting married this Saturday and my fiance and I decided that before we put the money we get from the wedding away, we are each going to get one "splurge" gift that we want, and I'm definitely going to get a new watch. I have a couple in mind, such as the Chase-Durer Special Forces 1000XL UDT, the Debaufre Ocean 1, the Boschett Cave Dweller S, or a Marathon GSAR. I'm open to any ideas or reccomendations that you may have. I would like at least 200m water resistance but other than that, I'm open! I'd like to keep it under $1000 or maybe just a touch over... So please help me decide!!! Add pics if you have them! Thanks!

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Marcello C Tridente! The finish work on these are outstanding, and best of all there is one for sale right now in the sales forum!

Attachments

·
Registered
59 Posts
Hey gents. I'm getting married this Saturday and my fiance and I decided that before we put the money we get from the wedding away, we are each going to get one "splurge" gift that we want, and I'm definitely going to get a new watch. I have a couple in mind, such as the Chase-Durer Special Forces 1000XL UDT, the Debaufre Ocean 1, the Boschett Cave Dweller S, or a Marathon GSAR. I'm open to any ideas or reccomendations that you may have. I would like at least 200m water resistance but other than that, I'm open! I'd like to keep it under $1000 or maybe just a touch over... So please help me decide!!! Add pics if you have them! Thanks!
The Marathon GSAR is built like a tank and is the real deal - no "special ops" language necessary to make you feel like you bought a tactical watch. The Tritium really makes the watch excellent for low light and diving for the average open water diver.

·
Registered
905 Posts
The Stowa Seatime or used Prodiver come to mind. How about a used Sinn U1, they sell for about $1100.

·
Premium Member
6,956 Posts
Congratulations

Of your suggestions I like the Marathon, but think, as another said, that the Stowas are in that price range, superb value for money, and a little classier than your other suggestions as well as being fit for purpose tool watches.

s

·
Registered
445 Posts
Congratulations!

Wouldn't buy any of the one you listed as a weeding gift. They seem a bit to much tool. I'm guessing you like to keep the watch for a long period of time. Would look into some of the ones mentioned, but also perhaps a Omega Seamaster.

Or, why not save up to your grail? Will take you some time but a grand is a good start!

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank all of you for your input, I really appreciate your opinions. I'm still looking around but I think dohmer may have hit the nail on the head.. I found an Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean at the local AD for an astoishing price. More than I was wanting to spend for sure, but I really believe the deal is worth it. Put the layaway payment on it today, so hopefully I can make this thing work!!! thanks again all, and great call dohmer!!

·
Registered
445 Posts
Thank all of you for your input, I really appreciate your opinions. I'm still looking around but I think dohmer may have hit the nail on the head.. I found an Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean at the local AD for an astoishing price. More than I was wanting to spend for sure, but I really believe the deal is worth it. Put the layaway payment on it today, so hopefully I can make this thing work!!! thanks again all, and great call dohmer!!
You are welcome! The PO is an amazing watch! Perhaps the best for the money spent. Like to re-add one to the collection someday. If the damn Rolexs didn't cost and arm and a leg.. o|

1 - 9 of 9 Posts