WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm new in this forum. First of all, pardon for my english, but its not my native language. . There is a loyalty program in my bank, so I can buy a G-shock for a quite attractive price. I can choose between:

- G-9000-1ver
- G-7700-1ver
- AW-590-1ver (but I think I prefer a totally digital watch)

Whick one do you recommend me.

P.S. It's my first G-shock.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
G-9000-1VER is brilliant for mud resistance, clarity of display, twin stopwatch and the bright, double illuminator. It is also a brilliant beater watch with a low profile and is classified as a "master" of G.

G-7700-1VER has a LOT of functionality. A great module with Week of the year display, stopwatch with lap memory and two countdown timers.

Both are well revered within the community, with the G-9000 being simple and rugged, but the G-7700 having some new unique functionality - the module really is something to play around with.

That being said, I picked up a G-9000 "Muddie" when it came out and didn't get the G-7700 - but now I want one!

I don't know much about the AW-590, sorry. Looks like a good ana-digi though.

Welcome to the forum!

EDIT: Oh, the buttons on the Mudman, due to extra mud protection, are quite stiff to press at first. This can be resolved by some boiling, but usually with time they become livable.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ooo I forgot... my wrist is about 6.3 in. So... Can I wear the Mudman? I mean, isn't my wrist a bit small?
And thank you for your replies.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
No, the mudman isn't that big; sits well too - one of the most comfortable watches ever.

Here it is on my 6.5ish" wrist:

It also does not ride too high - a slick piece of kit.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank guys for the help. Some minutes ago I purchased the Mudman. I will receive it in a few days. I hope that everything will be ok. Again thanks for the help.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
It should be fine! Let me know how you get on with it - whenever someone in construction, or someone looking for their first G comes in our shop, the Mudman is one of the first, if not the first, G I show them...!

·
Registered
481 Posts
I say go for the mudman!

I've got small wrists too (6.75 in) and it sits perfectly and comfortably on my wrist. The nubs on the back of the watch may or may not bother you (it does for some), so I suggest trying it on first.

Out of my four G's, the mudman is my go-to watch for tough and dirty jobs like yard or car work.

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
I had a 7710 and if there is one G I regret selling, that has to be it. Totally recommended.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi everyone again! I received my Mudman today... only a few hours ago, and I must say I'm pleased with it. I expected a bigger watch (on the photos is giving that impression), but now when I have it I have to admit that it fits me nicely. It's comfortable also, and like I said I have small wrists and quite pronunced the wrist bone. The nubs are no problem (in my case). In comparision to my previous watch (a bracelet Viceroy - which now is being wear by my father) its so much lighter - which is of course good. The strap is long, for me for example too long, but its a minor thing. Apart from it I must say that the functionality is excellent. I don't expect from a watch to cook, dishwash and fly. So I must say that when it comes to giving me the exact time, date and a few other options, the Mudman fulfills requirements perfectly. Well I think thats all. Thanks guys for your advice.
P.S. Maybe in some time I will buy the g7700 (or better the g7710 with negative display which I think is nicer) or some dw5600 (or similar) or some other g-shock. Well, I don't know... Time will tell.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Hi everyone again! I received my Mudman today... only a few hours ago, and I must say I'm pleased with it. I expected a bigger watch (on the photos is giving that impression), but now when I have it I have to admit that it fits me nicely. It's comfortable also, and like I said I have small wrists and quite pronunced the wrist bone. The nubs are no problem (in my case). In comparision to my previous watch (a bracelet Viceroy - which now is being wear by my father) its so much lighter - which is of course good. The strap is long, for me for example too long, but its a minor thing. Apart from it I must say that the functionality is excellent. I don't expect from a watch to cook, dishwash and fly. So I must say that when it comes to giving me the exact time, date and a few other options, the Mudman fulfills requirements perfectly. Well I think thats all. Thanks guys for your advice.
P.S. Maybe in some time I will buy the g7700 (or better the g7710 with negative display which I think is nicer) or some dw5600 (or similar) or some other g-shock. Well, I don't know... Time will tell.
Nice! Glad you like it! :)

I have, and am wearing, the GLX-5600 at the moment... tis nice :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
This GLX-5600 is very nice. Well... Maybe I will start saving some money. I think I am starting to be addicted to G-shocks. When I was searching in internet for my first one, I have seen so many which I find simply impressive, that now I debating on starting a collection. With some time and money... who knows...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts