WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You might have seen my earlier post re a Bell & Ross style watch.
Well I am also looking at a couple other styles so thought I would see what others think of each one in terms of quality, style etc.
I am in the fortunate position of having around £500 (approx $800) to spend if I want to.

These are the ones I have seen:

Junkers Watch 6792-5 :: quartz watch (Ronda 5130) alarm function with chronograph and date, € 299,00, Junkers-Shop.com :: The official Junkers Online Shop
My favourite in terms of looks but quartz rather than automatic

Débaufré Csar PVD Orange Swiss Watch | Swiss Made dive watches, pilot watches, luxury watches, and tool watches by Debaufre Swiss Watches
How long does a full wind typically last?

Junkers Watch 6216-1 :: Mechanical watch (Poljot 3133) with chronograph and date, € 399,00, Junkers-Shop.com :: The official Junkers Online Shop

Watches - Mens Watches | Casio: Edifice - EQWM1100DC-1A2 - Black Label
Cannot find this specific one in the UK though. Any reliable US dealers I could look at? It is on eBay but never sure how safe that is for more expensive watches?

Thanks and all feedback/comments welcome:)

Andrew

·
Registered
804 Posts
Out of those the Debaufre by a mile. That Unitas movement is a workhorse.

·
Registered
8,570 Posts
Out of those the Debaufre by a mile. That Unitas movement is a workhorse.
+1 - although the Edifice is nice too.
Bear in mind that because you're in the UK you'll get stung with import duty on the Debaufre. You might want to look at Steinhart who have similarly styled watches but are in Germany.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I ahd just posed that question in my original thread about customs. It also happens that Debaufre WAS the watch I saw a few years ago that I have been trying to locate.
I'll have another look at Steinhart though.

Andrew

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Unfortunately it seems Steinhart do not have a black and orange variant which is what I want..

Andrew

·
Registered
280 Posts
Worth a look at the Hamilton below zero entry model (shouldn't be too much of a stretch used),also comes in PVD but no orange face. Otherwise has to be the steinhart good price great quality & live without the PVD/orange combo which is a little limiting IMHO.
At the end of the day you'll buy what sings to you.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts