WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at getting one of these watches... any opinions either way on each model/brand? Or any ideas for similar watches I may be missing?

Thanks for your help!

Watch Analog watch Fashion accessory Watch accessory Jewellery

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Strap Fashion accessory

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Jewellery

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Strap

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Jewellery

·
Registered
3,272 Posts
The Ball or Longines hands down.

·
Registered
4,066 Posts
Longines all the way great product great value for money at the moment, get it before the Swatch Group move this brand higher
Maybe you can consider the new column-wheel Chrono....

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What throws me off on the Longines is the painted numbers... when I inquired with the company, I was told: Please be kindly informed that our Product Department chose the painted numbers for this particular dial (L2.693.4.78.3) firstly for a design reason. Also, in comparison to glued indexes, the painted numbers allow a lower hands-fitting, and thereby a nicer look of the complete watch. Indeed, this reduces the thickness of the watch and confer it more elegance.

Do you think it cheapens the watch at all?

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
What throws me off on the Longines is the painted numbers... when I inquired with the company, I was told: Please be kindly informed that our Product Department chose the painted numbers for this particular dial (L2.693.4.78.3) firstly for a design reason. Also, in comparison to glued indexes, the painted numbers allow a lower hands-fitting, and thereby a nicer look of the complete watch. Indeed, this reduces the thickness of the watch and confer it more elegance.

Do you think it cheapens the watch at all?
While I ain't sure what to make of that but they do have a point there ...

I thought the watch look good nonetheless ...
Pics from a fellow WUS member
https://www.watchuseek.com/f405/i%B4d-like-show-you-my-master-collection-chrono-346789.html

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
as others have said, all good choices. i like the ball the best. but please know my opionion is biased, i own two balls.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I looked at Bell & Ross as well, but I was concerned about the lack of AD's in my area.... same thing worries me about Baume & Mercier... only 2 AD's in the state.

Those close-up picks of the Longines look excellent... makes me worry less about the painted numbers.... beautiful watch.

·
Registered
491 Posts
I have the Longines Master Chrono in the last picture you posted. I love it and it gets, by far, the most compliments when I wear it. It is a big face though at 44mm but it is just gorgeous. Since I own the Longines I would get the Hamilton Chrono you posted. I have a Hamilton Khaki Navy GMT and the build quality "feel" is awesome (again, this is "feel", not actual build quality, which I couldn't comment on).

·
Registered
17,054 Posts
Good picks - very tough call. Based solely on looks I wouldn't take the RW, but it would be tough between the rest. I would have to take cost into consideration to make a choice - they're all so lovely.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts