WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8,522 Posts
I love to have day and date in an analog watch, so obviously the SNZG17 would be my choice. But not only for that, the 7S36 is a fantastic movement. Don't know what complaints you are refering to, but I have right now 4 Seiko5's and they all do perform very well. One little weakness of the SNZG17 is, that the numerals are also lumed. while this looks impressive when freshly charged, it doesn't help you in the middle of the night at all. on the contrary, it actually makes it harder to read the time than all the other models of the SNZGxx series without lumed numbers. The reason is, that the dial is more cluttered with lumed numbers and when lume fades, the hands are harder to see, as with those models which only have the (outer) hourly markers glowing.

Other than that, the SNZG17 is a great looking watch and hard to beat for the price. I like mine and it looks equally good on the black bracelet as well as on a foliage grey/green zulu:

cheers

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
I love to have day and date in an analog watch, so obviously the SNZG17 would be my choice. But not only for that, the 7S36 is a fantastic movement. Don't know what complaints you are refering to, but I have right now 4 Seiko5's and they all do perform very well. One little weakness of the SNZG17 is, that the numerals are also lumed. while this looks impressive when freshly charged, it doesn't help you in the middle of the night at all. on the contrary, it actually makes it harder to read the time than all the other models of the SNZGxx series without lumed numbers. The reason is, that the dial is more cluttered with lumed numbers and when lume fades, the hands are harder to see, as with those models which only have the (outer) hourly markers glowing...
interesting... always regretted not getting the 17 (got the 15 instead) because of the lumed numerals... but i guess it does make sense! ;-)
loving my 15 btw... ;-)

·
Registered
48 Posts
My first post, thought I would throw my 2 cents in.

I like both watches but I just bought an SRP025K1 (blue accents vs. red on 029). I really like the dial on the SRPs but agree with others about the plastic crown guard. I think the SRP looks great with a black band and plan to switch to that, makes the black crown guard much less prominent.

Also for what it's worth, lots of the SRP models for sale on ebay at prices much lower than on the link you posted. Maybe worth checking out.

·
Registered
7,033 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts