WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My Seiko Alarm Chrono gave in a few months ago. It just stopped working all of a sudden. I was told that the movement in that series was faulty. I do not remember what it was. It was not under warranty. I bought the watch new, but barely used it since I preferred the Tissot TXL (below).

A few days ago on my way to work I lost my Tissot TXL Chronograph. The clasp on the watch begun to get unfastened with the slightest pressure but I did not have the time to get it fixed. I loved this watch. It is probably being worn by someone else in the NYC subways now. :-|

I am now in the process of finding a worthy replacement :-! after being watchless for too long. I am considering one of the watches attached. Either the Tissot PRS200 or one of the Certina DS-First pieces.

Which one would you pick of the three? Any suggestions for another watch that has similar styling cues within $400?

Attachments

·
Registered
113 Posts
Re: Help me decide Tissot PRS 200 or Certina DS First *pics*?

If I lost a watch because the clasp broke, I probably would NOT buy from that manufacturer again. But that's just me - I know how to hold a grudge.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: Help me decide Tissot PRS 200 or Certina DS First *pics*?

I do not fault Tissot for the clasp issues. It was solidy constructed. I used it as an everyday watch and definitely put undue stress on the clasp. e.g. 10 heavy shopping bags on my wrist pulling against the watch.
As most of you guys will agree, heavy we can deal with, another trip to the car NO WAY!

·
Registered
8 Posts
I would go for the prs200 because i own one! ive had it for 9 years and i had the bracelet replace and the movement replaced once each and it was a everyday watch. My wife worked at a jewellry store and i had it sent out free! i beleive the movement replacement costs $200 dollars Canadian. so in total i spent $500 dollars not included taxes plus $200 plus $100 for the bracelette. Thats not to bad i think for 9 years. I still have the old bracelette as well..

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,909 Posts
I have owned a couple of Tissot and I vote Tissot as well. Your comment about the 10 trips cracked me up, I feel ya.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Tissot for me as well. IMO it looks like a classier watch and cleaner dial.
Chris

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
I like the subdials on the Certina better, but neither choice is a bad one. Good luck!
And I am sure that Victorinox makes a diver bezel chrono in this price range...

·
Registered
3,856 Posts
In the first certina picture i thought it was a Breitling :-d.My vote goes to the first one.

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
I had a Certina DS First for almost 2 years before I gave it to my father. A very nice watch for the money, definately imo better finish etc. than on the Tissot...

·
Registered
508 Posts
I'd go for the Tissot! I got a prs200, never use it, but my girlfirend do. It's a good watch!

But I think that you should buy the one you like best, I think their pretty similar in quality etc... or buy both! :)

Good luck!

:-!

/edw

·
Registered
22 Posts
Welcome to myself to the forum :)
I want to buy the DS First.
As many of you says, it is little difference between the two models. It seems to me that there is a price difference between the prs200 ($200 and up?) and the DS First ($500 and up?).

Why?

·
Registered
13 Posts
OMG, the first Certina DS First is spectacular.
Where can it be bought online and at what price? I have tough time googling this watch.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Certina is part of the Swatch group. You can buy them on Amazon among other places. I got almost 1MM hits when I googled Certina Automatic.

B

·
0 Posts
I agree with the others that you should buy what you like. Having said that, I would get the Tissot, I own one Tissot watch (quartz) I set it in september last year and it is still exactly synced with my atomic alarm clock. Great value for money and it looks great too.

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
Tissot.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Welcome to myself to the forum :)
I want to buy the DS First.
As many of you says, it is little difference between the two models. It seems to me that there is a price difference between the prs200 ($200 and up?) and the DS First ($500 and up?).

Why?
The PRC200 comes with the ETA G10.211 while I believed (not exactly sure) the DS First comes with the more expensive ETA 251.262 movement ...

The Certina C-Sport, more closely priced to the PRC200 uses the G10.211 too, that probably explained why the DS First is more expensive ...

·
Registered
22 Posts
The PRC200 comes with the ETA G10.211 while I believed (not exactly sure) the DS First comes with the more expensive ETA 251.262 movement ...

The Certina C-Sport, more closely priced to the PRC200 uses the G10.211 too, that probably explained why the DS First is more expensive ...
That explaines it. I didnt think of checking it myself, I just assumed that their movement was the same.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts