• Black dial with Orange Numbers/white hands

Votes: 12 75.0%
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Black PVD Getat Homage with Blue vs. Orange "Numbrals"
(hehe, I love how Tat calls them "numbrals")

There are some minor differences between the two other then color (display back, logo vs. sterile), but other then that, mostly color. I was set on the orange, but when I saw the blue, which you can get with black hands with blue lume (the orange has white lume hands, I believe), it threw a wrench in the works.

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
Bah, now I am looking at this one too.

<Edit: see edited pic further down in thread>

Crap, it'll take me forever to make up my mind... but wait, that's the fun of it!

·
Registered
8,547 Posts
You might want to check the forum rules I think bro ("homage" pics with actual brand names).

Cheers,
HBL

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
I'll vote for the blk/orange..I have one and love the looks of it!!!:-!

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You might want to check the forum rules I think bro ("homage" pics with actual brand names).

Cheers,
HBL
To my knowledge there is no rule against pics of sterile dials, homages included. They are all over this forum. I would defer to any Moderator, of course, and alter the thread accordingly.

·
Affordables Moderator
17,578 Posts
To my knowledge there is no rule against pics of sterile dials, homages included. They are all over this forum. I would defer to any Moderator, of course, and alter the thread accordingly.
The sterile dials are fine, it's the MM branded ones that need to be modified to remove the dial text in the picture or removed.

See the comments by WUS Owner Ernie Romers at the top of the forum about Pam trademarks.

Thanks,
Zippofan

·
Registered
8,547 Posts
Obviously I was not talking about the sterile dial; that's why I said "pics with actual brand names"; of which you have posted two. Sorry for trying to help...

·
Registered
824 Posts
I'd go for the one with the orange numerals, although I actually think it looks better if it's sterile (how Panerai can trademark the name of the Italian Navy is still a mystery to me, however...).

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Obviously I was not talking about the sterile dial; that's why I said "pics with actual brand names"; of which you have posted two. Sorry for trying to help...
No need to apologize-- obviously was not obvious to me, obviously. I interpreted your sentence fragment as homage pics must have actual brand names. Simple misunderstanding, nothing more. And you did help, because I was unaware of the issue, so thank you.|>

Picture is corrected, thank you Zippofan and Crum. Also, sorry for the faux-pas, didn't realize that M---- M----- was a trademark infringement-- I thought is was the very thing that made the piece an homage.

I sort of thought that this watch was similar in idea to a sub homage with a brand name (invicta, mako, etc), but I guess the difference is the lack of other differentiating features besides the brand name? Anyway, I think I get it now (slow learner).

Which leads me to another queston-- where, if anywhere-- could I get an orange one without the name brand? If I order from Getat, I guess I would go with the blue one, but I kind of like the orange ones.

PS: sorry, just edited the M- M-, when I realized it should not be spelled out! Sheesh am I slow or what!

·
Affordables Moderator
17,578 Posts
The Richemont Group (owners of Panerai) have managed to copyright the name for the Italian Navy with regards to timepieces. That's why we have the no MM name rule in pictures of watches. A number of members dubbed the homages "Scooby-Doo" as to avoid using the MM words. M----- M------ has also been blocked by the forum software.

Thank you guys for fixing the pics.

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
I dont get it. Ive seen similar looking watches from many places. Reedsco even has some. Whats so special that everyone seems to be making near identical watches of this design?

·
Registered
8,547 Posts
No need to apologize-- obviously was not obvious to me, obviously. I interpreted your sentence fragment as homage pics must have actual brand names. Simple misunderstanding, nothing more. And you did help, because I was unaware of the issue, so thank you.|>

Picture is corrected, thank you Zippofan and Crum. Also, sorry for the faux-pas, didn't realize that Marine Master was a trademark infringement-- I thought is was the very thing that made the piece an homage.

I sort of thought that this watch was similar in idea to a sub homage with a brand name (invicta, mako, etc), but I guess the difference is the lack of other differentiating features besides the brand name? Anyway, I think I get it now (slow learner).

Which leads me to another queston-- where, if anywhere-- could I get an orange one without the name brand? If I order from Getat, I guess I would go with the blue one, but I kind of like the orange ones.
Getat does have that dial in a sterile version with orange lume (here), it's a 35mm dial, but I'm not sure what watch/case that fits with. Maybe they could do a swap for you?

·
Registered
448 Posts
I vote for the blue with the blue, but I like blue. I was looking at getting one as well but haven't been able to decide on one and then spend the cash.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts