WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings to you all.

The title says it all. I'm currently looking for a watch with the GMT function. Though I will not use the function much (I don't travel a lot) but I love the idea of a watch with 4 hands like these beauties, I mean, that 4th long hand is just... I don't know, it gets me, you know?

But as you can guess, I don't have the fund to acquire any of them. If I did, I would've bought one of them. What I do have is a budget of about 600$. Currently, I'm looking at this Orient Constellation (I have an Orient Aviator and it's fantastic for me)

Oh, and I prefer a watch with a leather strap rather than a bracelet. What do you guys think? Can any of you recommend something else for my consideration? Or do you think it's foolish of me to buy a watch with a function I don't use?

Thank you in advance, have a great 2016!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you Mr Anchor. As you thought, I'm currently looking for an automatic. I forgot to mention it on my first post. If you have another suggestion, I would really appreciate it.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
I've had my Conquest GMT for about 3 months and really like it. Good size, gorgeous blue dial, and can work as a sport/dress crossover. It comes on a good quality, comfortable bracelet but I'm sure would look equally as good on a strap.

I also had a Steinhart OV GMT. I eventually sold it, but it was a nice looking watch and I liked it.

·
Premium Member
2,645 Posts
OP, nice concept -- but there's a huge gap between Orient and the two icons you show. Aside from "no bracelet," are there any other criteria that should be thrown into the mix, budget in particular?

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I've had my Conquest GMT for about 3 months and really like it. Good size, gorgeous blue dial, and can work as a sport/dress crossover. It comes on a good quality, comfortable bracelet but I'm sure would look equally as good on a strap.
What a beautiful watch you have there sir. But when I went to Chrono24 to see the price, it's twice my range. But thank you anyway for your input. I'm thinking if I should wait while saving another bucks and take it? I really like the Longines...

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I also wanted to throw this out there.

View attachment 6784258

Hamilton Traveler GMT 2.
Wow. Just wow. Thank you, I only knew now that Hamilton made this watch. My "Wow" goes for the dial especially, the 2 crowns concept, and the hour and minutes hands, as well as the second hands. They're all beautiful and made proportionally to compliment each other. But I'm not gonna lie, the one thing that bugs me the most is the short GMT hand. The first thought that came to my mind was "The GMT hand is like something hanging between one's legs." Seriously. Had the GMT hand is as long as the others, I would definitely take this one. I'm really in love with that dial.

Thank you for the input, jamthrax.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
OP, nice concept -- but there's a huge gap between Orient and the two icons you show. Aside from "no bracelet," are there any other criteria that should be thrown into the mix, budget in particular?
Hi there sir, thank you for replying. Yes, the 4 hands Rolex and Credor has been haunting my mind forever. But everytime I always find an excuse (as well as distraction) when looking for a watch. Be it the price, or other models. I was actually looking for a GMT watch when an Orient Flight caught my attention, and I ended up buying that instead. So far, I've been "distracted" by an Orient, a Tissot, 2 VSAs, and an Oris. It had always been "Oh, nice watch. Beautiful dial. Love the Chronograph. And I don't have that model, I think it will be okay to have it first." And it goes on and on and on... And I knew I had to stop and start looking for the GMT more seriously. So here I am now asking all of you to lend me your power, posting pics of GMT watches so I can't take my mind anywhere else. My brethren, unite!

Anyway.... Here's the criteria :
- No bracelet
- Automatic
- Can be put into the "dress watch" category
- Arabic / Roman / stick indices is okay

I think that's about it. If you have any suggestions, I would really appreciate it.

Thank you once again!

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Do you want a GMT that quick sets the hour hand or one that quick sets the 24 hour hand?

·
Registered
36,311 Posts
steinheart is nothing only cheap copy of rolex
That makes them something .......like a bargain.

95% of the quality at 10% of the cost and none of the baggage.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts