WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello ladies of WUS.

I'm looking to purchase a Michele Deco for my lady, and would like to know if anybody has seen them for less than Jomashop prices anywhere. Ideally, I would like to find it for sub500$ but I'm not sure if thats feasible. What do you ladies think? If you own one, how much did you pay and where did you purchase it?

·
Registered
823 Posts
"Michele Deco" covers about 50 different models, so make sure you know which model you're looking at when comparing prices. However, it seems pretty rare to find any of their watches online for much better than ~30% off, which is what Jomashop and Authentic Watches offer.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I searched the heck out of these in the beginning but decided against them. I still like the look and LOVE the strap changing possibilities, although each strap was at least $80 retail. In the end I couldn't stomach the medium value for the high cost factor. It'd be different if I felt there was value in it for the long run but they have low water resistance especially after a battery change, I was told from a Michele retailer, and the bracelets all seemed liked they needed a polish and they were brand new in the shop!! They have sapphire crystals but even that seemed to smudge easily. But that deco model is still so popular, think about how many wrists are wearing the same one as you, that it rarely goes on sale. The small deco little or no diamonds on Jomashop was around $650. They are strictly controlled by the brand for price. So I started looking on eBay for a bargain. No warrantee etc. though. I ended up with a Hamilton from Ashford online. I still lust after the Michele's but I do that like I look in the window at Harry Winston jewelry. Beautiful but not practical. I never did find anyone who did the deco better than Michele but there is one Swiss designer that came close but I can't remember the name, try on Amazon. In the end the savings for a Michele copy cat wasn't all that much anyhow. P.s. Sometimes the older ones they are discontinuing go on sale on 'the rack' or 'last call' or 'Amazon' but the ebay vendors snatch them up faster than we can and then put them up on their site with a small increase. If you go retail you might insist they order you a new watch that wasn't in the showroom or discount the one they have in the case because you can order direct from Michele's site and get a pristine one with a fresh non-started battery at the same price with the same warranty from their HQ in Florida.

Good luck,
Denise

·
Registered
3 Posts
I know a lot of people who have found Michele watches at TJ MAXX, Nordstrom Rack, and Fossil outlet stores. I don't think I have ever seen prices under $500 for them though. I used to really want a Michele, but then I learned a bit here and found they are very overpriced. The strap system is a nice feature though.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts