WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So here it is, the 1618G:

And this is the same watch (1618C) with the factory bracelet:

The (19mm) leather strap that came with the watch is... not really working for me any more. I'm thinking of something similar to the above bracelet, or maybe a beads-of-rice style. What can you recommend?

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Nobody? Okay, can anyone recommend a good site to go shopping for a new bracelet?

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Since there are no dealers in the U.S. (other than the company in Florida that has several sites), I checked out H-R's site. They have one 19mm bracelet and it does have the curved ends. However, as I was trial-fitting other bands on my JL and trial-fitting its original band on a couple of my other watches, I realized something unusual: The lugs on the JL are longer than my other watches, so a curved end from a standard band will leave a noticeable gap. As I can't get a band from JL separately, and I'm not willing to spend $95 on another (otherwise identical) watch to get the band I should have gotten in the first place, I decided to try another route. Stopped by a Wal-Mart on the way home from work the other night and bought a cheap $10 universal sport strap.

It's more comfortable than the original "braced" leather strap, so I'll wear the watch more. Mission completed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts