WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a vintage Russian watch but am not really sure where to focus. I want something probably a bit on the large side for vintage, 36mm or larger. I would prefer a minimal dial without embellishments if possible. I guess I like Bauhaus design and think that the Junghans Max Bill watches are beautiful. I have a Kirovskie from the late 50s which I like a lot but it's just a little bit small. If you could give me a couple of ideas as to which brands and models to look for I would appreciate it, if only to save me hours trawling eBay.

Sent from my MI 9 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
962 Posts
I think the only soviet watch from the 50/60's that's at least 36mm is the Start.

DSC00436web.jpg

If you don't like it or want something bigger, you'll have to visit the 70/80's, but the design wasn't really sober at that time...

·
Registered
836 Posts
If you’re OK with a cushion case the one Raketa used for the Big Zero is on the larger side at 39mm. The Big Zero is probably too bold for what you’re looking for, but there are models with more understated dials out there. For example:

Wrist shot, on my 17cm wrist to give an idea of scale:

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If you’re OK with a cushion case the one Raketa used for the Big Zero is on the larger side at 39mm. The Big Zero is probably too bold for what you’re looking for, but there are models with more understated dials out there. For example:

Wrist shot, on my 17cm wrist to give an idea of scale:
The 511512 is a contender, thanks.

Sent from my MI 9 using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts