WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
its a doxa, not certina, i only have box which i have my clock in from certina :)

Hello

I got my doxa watch from my grandfather and i would just like to know its details and average price.

It is gold doxa, about 40 years old. On front under the number 12 it says :
DOXA
anti-magnetique

on the back it has numbers: 833340

on the wristband it says camel grain 20 and it is in mint condition.

it is similar to that but not exactly the same:

http://ceasuridemana.ro/pictures/doxa-anti-magnetique_497.jpg

this watch doesnt have smaller round second pointer but mine has it under the doxa anti-magnetique writing.

Thanks.

its a doxa, not certina, i only have box which i have my clock in from certina :)

·
Registered
18,176 Posts
Doxa is a respected brand like Certina... if it says it is a Doxa, it might just be a Doxa.

Pics would help a lot... but you won't get us to name any values. See the posts at the top of the forum page for some helpful hints.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Here is a picture i took with my cell phone. I'm sorry it isnt better but i didnt find my digital camera :/ i hope you wil be able to see the clock because the resolution is really bad.

·
Registered
18,176 Posts
That watch is probably closer to 70 years old than it is 40. It looks like a nice watch. Without fairly clear pictures, especially of the insides, there is not much else we can say.

It looks like your Grandfather had a nice watch!... If you are going to wear it, it should be cleaned and lubricated to keep it in good condition.

·
Registered
23,771 Posts
I would guess 1940s but I'm not a Doxa expert.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
could you really not estimate approximate value of this clock?

it has never been on an arm longer than 1 minute, that means its in perfect condition.

I am a novice to vintage watches and i would just like to know...

thanks

·
Registered
23,771 Posts
We never do valuations here for reasons outlined in our sticky notes. There are books you can find in the library or from a bookstore that will give you some idea. Also you can check eBay for similar watches.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
the problem is that i sent mail to doxa asking about correct date and details about clock... and they said that their archive was destroyed in 1960 and that they dont have no information about my clock :( I checked ebay and prices vary from 200 - 2000 dollars. can you just estimate if my watch is more 200 or 2000 worth? Im sorry being such a idiot asking you constantly about the price but i would really like to know

1 - 8 of 8 Posts