WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off, this is my first time on this forum and here I am, posting another "help me" thread so I apologize. I tried several searches but just didn't find what I was hoping for.

I am looking for a multi-function watch (has to have alarm, timer, and chrono) but that is classy looking so therefore probably not solely digital. And it should be tough enough that I can wear it all day, every day. Would like to keep this under $1k. Basically, I want most of the functionality of a G-Shock but in a nicer/less busy package.

So far the best one I've found is the Tissot T-Touch Expert (regular T-Touch doesn't have a timer for some reason). I'm hoping you all can point me in some other directions.

Thanks in advance for helping out a newbie.

jarlaxle

·
Registered
54 Posts
First off, this is my first time on this forum and here I am, posting another "help me" thread so I apologize. I tried several searches but just didn't find what I was hoping for.

I am looking for a multi-function watch (has to have alarm, timer, and chrono) but that is classy looking so therefore probably not solely digital. And it should be tough enough that I can wear it all day, every day. Would like to keep this under $1k. Basically, I want most of the functionality of a G-Shock but in a nicer/less busy package.

So far the best one I've found is the Tissot T-Touch Expert (regular T-Touch doesn't have a timer for some reason). I'm hoping you all can point me in some other directions.

Thanks in advance for helping out a newbie.

jarlaxle
T-touch is a decent option. Hard to find a multi-function that is "classy" looking though. Just never heard that word used to describe a G-shock type of watch....

·
Registered
152 Posts
how about the citizen BL5250-02L, one thing you mentioned that it is not very good in is the alarm which i hear is a little quiet, you should check it out anyways here is the amazon link to it with some reviews on the bottom and specifications: Click me

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
how about the citizen BL5250-02L, one thing you mentioned that it is not very good in is the alarm which i hear is a little quiet, you should check it out anyways here is the amazon link to it with some reviews on the bottom and specifications:
Click me
Thanks, that Citizen looks very interesting.

As for the "classy" angle, what I really meant to say is I'm trying to find a watch that does everything I want (alarm, timer, chrono) but isn't a sport/digital watch like a Timex Ironman or G-Shock. Right now I switch back and forth between my "do everything I want" watch which is a Timex Ironman and my "hey nice watch" watch, which is a Tag. But I hate it when I either A) forget to change to my nice watch when I'm wearing a suit, etc. or B) am wearing my nice watch when I really need to set an alarm or whatever. I'm trying to find a watch that can do it all and look good in the process.

I have read up on the T-Touch which does seem to meet all my needs but was dismayed to hear of so many people having problems. I NEVER take my watch off so if it isn't rock solid in the water that isn't going to fly at all.

Thanks for the input, would love to hear some more.

Also, why the heck isn't their a site that allows you to search for watches based upon available functions. If someone knows of one please let me know.

·
Registered
2,879 Posts
The requirement for a Timer really narrows the field.

I would recommend a Citizen. They make a whole bunch with an alarm, timer and chrono.

Here's one of my favorites from Casio, it's not really "classy", but it really "does it all" with Waveceptor and Solar capabilities.

Attachments

·
Registered
181 Posts
Bell and Ross make a line called the "Function", which has classy looking hands and dial with a digitral display that can be turned off. Go to http://www.bellross.com/global/en/ and look in COLLECTION.

Omega used to make the "Seamaster 120 m Multifunction", which was very smilar and still turns up occasionally as new old stock on eBay.

·
Registered
5,494 Posts
If you want a LOT of functions and looks nice, look at Citizens:

I liked my skyhawk AT, but at the end, decided I did not need that many functions. More functions on this and it will start doing laundries and cooking:

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If you want a LOT of functions and looks nice, look at Citizens:

I liked my skyhawk AT, but at the end, decided I did not need that many functions. More functions on this and it will start doing laundries and cooking:
Yes, I did a quick search on "countdown" on Citizen's site and the Skyhawk line jumped right to the top. It is definitely overkill for me, I don't need everything else it offers but do have to admit it looks like it means business. I'm planning on heading out tomorrow to actually see one in person so thanks for the head's up.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The popular ones are Citizen Attesa and Casio Oceanus in this "category".

You can do a search on Seiya Japan, Higuchi Inc., and Chino Watches.

I came across Oceanus while surfing google last night... could have a winner here. Going to check it out along w/ the Citizen Skyhawk but this is much more what I had in mind.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
I'm not sure if it is still available or not but when Orient USA first added quartz watches to their line up this one kind of grabbed me.

The CVZ03005B, like you said, a kind of dressier alternative to the functionality of the Gs
http://orientwatchusa.com/watch.php?id=303
Countdown timer, alarm, chrono and sapphire crystal

Also in white

·
Registered
7,751 Posts
How about this Junghans Racer?

Or, Racer Chronograph?

·
Registered
941 Posts
How about this Junghans Racer?

Or, Racer Chronograph?
That racer is the best looking watch (from a dress sense) on this page IMO. Another Junghans but over 1K:

From the Junghans website:

Functions:
multi-frequency radio-controlled movement J615.96 with display for date, day (German, English or French) and calendar week, chronograph with split function, countdown, alarm, 2nd time, reception control, indication of time signal transmitter station, automatic reception of the time signal transmitters DCF 77 (Europe), WWVB (USA) and JJY 40/60 (Japan)
water-resistant up to 5 atm

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'm not sure if it is still available or not but when Orient USA first added quartz watches to their line up this one kind of grabbed me.

The CVZ03005B, like you said, a kind of dressier alternative to the functionality of the Gs

Also in white
Have to say that black one is really really really tempting me. I like it's relatively simple styling, almost military-like, but it has everything I need.

Problem is, when you don't use your link and just try to find it directly on Orient's site, it's not there. Looks like its been replaced by these two which are not nearly as attractive IMO.

I'm going to shoot them an email and see if the one you posted is still available.

Also, FWIW I went to several stores today, checked out Citizen SkyHawk (wow, what a watch but not me), the Tissot T-Touch Expert (very nice, but didn't blow me away for the money) and the Oceanus (very nice also, still in the running).

Also, I've concluded that I don't want a metal bracelet, would prefer to switch it around every now and then.

Thanks for everyone's input, I really appreciate it.

·
Registered
54 Posts

Also in white

+1 on this Orient....Awesome looking watch!!!! Good call.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I just went to their website through the link that DoctorC provided an it appears to be available. I added it to my cart and went to check out and it worked. Also, if you do decide to purchase, I found a coupon code for 50% off that made the cost $125.00 on this watch.....

Enter the coupon code Family50 and it should give you 50% off your order.

Good luck,
-M

1 - 20 of 21 Posts