WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everybody,

I would love to know more about this watch.
Its 18CT vintage (late 18xx).

What movement is uses?

Also what is the value of this watch and where can I fix it since it has not been used for over 60 year.

Thanks

IMG_4481.JPG IMG_4484.JPG IMG_4486.JPG IMG_4487.JPG IMG_4493.JPG

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
The beautiful halfhunter case marked with ALD is a Dennison watch lt. case . I'm not sure about the movement. I know this regulage by revue / G.Thommen and click match but other parts less. They build their movemens with different bridge variantions but I've never seen it in this way and the balance usually as a simple srewbalance and not a compensation one as here.
bidfun-db Archive: Watch Movements: Revue 30 hunter
I hope someone knews more.
To fix this watch just look in your surrounding for a watchmaker who is a handcraft and not a battery changer/salesman and knows about vintage and pocket watches.

Kind regards
Silke

·
Registered
5,315 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hello. your watch is 9ct. gold.. In this economy and with what you have,, figure gold scrap + 100.00 if you are lucky.. This is my opinion.. have been working with watches for over 20 years.. hope this helps Ernie

·
Registered
5,315 Posts
See, this is why we don't do valuations in this forum. Cause even in this economy, I'd think a gold longines demi-hunter is worth a bit more then scrap + 100, IIF you know how to sell it. If you dump it on EBay, then you're gambling.

·
Registered
13,428 Posts
See, this is why we don't do valuations in this forum. Cause even in this economy, I'd think a gold longines demi-hunter is worth a bit more then scrap + 100, IIF you know how to sell it. If you dump it on EBay, then you're gambling.
I agree.
Anyone make out the mark.
Looks Chester (three wheat sheaf's)?

·
Registered
257 Posts
The watch is worth as much as the buyer is willing to pay for it. Meaning that if you have patience you might find somebody willing to pay more than suggested above. One that will want to restore it rather than buy it for scrap. This comes as a general rule which also applies in your case.
Check around the web for any past auctions to get an idea of the value then drop it on bay with a reserve price and see where it goes.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts