WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I got this watch in the 80s and I have no information on it. Hope the pics will help.

The back the following numbers:
3544 51

I am trying to identify the model and what it might be worth. I could not find anything online. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

All what I remember is that the strap has been replaces lat 1980s

Thanks

Tony

Attachments

·
Registered
315 Posts
Tony, no valuations here... Anyways, why do You need to know? If You want to sell it, You might have to invest into a better camera first or find someone who can take a close-up. Or at least be more specific in the description - size, what does it say on the dial... to me it looks like a gold plated ladies watch (size would tell), I can't tell about the movemement, might even be Quartz, and it has a 20 year-old leather strap. Just this: It likely won't earn You a fortune...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tony, no valuations here... Anyways, why do You need to know? If You want to sell it, You might have to invest into a better camera first or find someone who can take a close-up. Or at least be more specific in the description - size, what does it say on the dial... to me it looks like a gold plated ladies watch (size would tell), I can't tell about the movemement, might even be Quartz, and it has a 20 year-old leather strap. Just this: It likely won't earn You a fortune...
Thanks for the remarks. I just want to know for my own information. It is a mebs watch.
Size of the face is: 30mm x 35mm
Thickness: 5mm
Movement: no idea
Dials: Hour and Minutes, no seconds

I mainly need to know what model it is ?

Thanks anyone for information that can help here.

·
Registered
7,743 Posts
Hi. I've never seen that horseshoe shaped case design before - but I like it. :-!

Somebody may know better, but its quite possible that it didn't have a model name as such.

This : FAVRE-LEUBA, une " Histoire " qui revient

is in French. It has pictures of many FL models, but yours isn't there. I guess it must be a fairly rare example. Good luck with your search - and I hope someone else can be more helpful.:)

·
Registered
315 Posts
Thanks for the remarks. I just want to know for my own information. It is a mebs watch.
Size of the face is: 30mm x 35mm
Thickness: 5mm
Movement: no idea
Dials: Hour and Minutes, no seconds

I mainly need to know what model it is ?

Thanks anyone for information that can help here.
30 x 35 - that's no ladies size :-!.
You might have to take it to a watchmaker to have it opened - that will render some information about the movement. At 5mm however, it is not a simple one - even if it is Quartz. It is really a shame that so little information is available on Favre Leuba.
About the model - nothing on the dial? Anyways, I have a FL chronometer, and first thought it might be from their "harpoon" series (I also thought a whole lot of other things about it...), and finally gave up. Not each model has a "name" to it anyways.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts