WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought this Ferrari watch today and have no information about it or what all the dials do. I love the look of it, just hope i didn't pay too much. Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
36,311 Posts
Learned the hard way, thru an impulse purchase, that Ferrari branded watches are over-priced chinese fashion watches. The dials may not to do anything but provide decoration.

The "Swiss Made" is easily circumvented by putting a Swiss movement into an Asian-made case and strap.

I like mine, and you like yours, but a $100 watch is a $100 watch.

Ferrari Quartz

·
Premium Member
9,474 Posts
The top photo really shows the flaws BIG time. Look at the *horrible* finish on that minute hand.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Swiss Made is a flat-out lie; the Ferrari trademarks are being used illegally, so what's one more?

You paid too much if they didn't pay you to take it off their hands.

·
Registered
7,847 Posts
If you paid any more than $0.50 then you paid too much
50 cents is still too generous, I wouldn't pay a penny for that rubbish fake.

Reactions: Gunnar_917

·
Registered
8,154 Posts
Unfortunately this is a fake - cheapo chinese with no chance of any Swiss content and likely unauthorized use of Ferrari logo.
The subdials likely do nothing practical - the left subdial has 14 index marks - likely to indicate day of the week, and the right one has a scale of 12 - likely duplicating hours\months - but in either cases both subdials are as useful for chronograph purposes as nipples on a breastplate.

And the exposed balance wheel is a trademark of cheap junk watches. So value $10-15 at most, and subtract $20 for the fakeness - so hopefully they paid you to take this.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well thats a bummer! Kinda surprised for how good it looks in person.I guess it works and looks nice so ill use it for what it is. I bought together with another watch so at least I'm not out much. Thanks for all the input.

·
Registered
41,229 Posts
There isn't enough lipstick to make that one look good.
Well thats a bummer! Kinda surprised for how good it looks in person.I guess it works and looks nice so ill use it for what it is. I bought together with another watch so at least I'm not out much. Thanks for all the input.

·
Moderator Emeritus
54,685 Posts
Made in china and most likely a trade mark infringement as well. Can't think the manufacturer is entitled to use the Ferrari emblem. Would feel uneasy to wear it though.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I feel like I've got to say something here, there were some really cold and harsh responses to someone that just came for information.
At the end of the day all that really matters is how your watch makes you feel and I sincerely hope that we haven't made you feel bad about yours trebbud. Wear it, enjoy it, show it off. Just dry to keep it dry and know you won't be timing the 100 meter dash at the next Olympics.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
I feel like I've got to say something here, there were some really cold and harsh responses to someone that just came for information.
At the end of the day all that really matters is how your watch makes you feel and I sincerely hope that we haven't made you feel bad about yours trebbud. Wear it, enjoy it, show it off. Just dry to keep it dry and know you won't be timing the 100 meter dash at the next Olympics.

I feel the same way. Poor guy learned the hard way like myself and many others. I joined this forum because of a Stauer purchase I think lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
With coming on here asking to get information I knew what I would get from some that live on this forum and spend their time learning about watches. While I certainly respect this, I have way too many other interests to start learning about and or collecting watches (and who knows this may spark more interest for me). I like some watches and saw this one and thought I'll take the chance. It was a very small risk so I bought it with another watch I knew had the value that would cover both if this was fake. At this point I would only like to learn about what makes this a fake. Seems like a lot of effort went into it to be a fake when it isn't a very expensive watch to begin with. It looks good to me and it all works so I'll wear occasionally. Thank you to some on here for being a human being and understanding where I was coming from.

·
Registered
8,154 Posts
With coming on here asking to get information I knew what I would get from some that live on this forum and spend their time learning about watches. While I certainly respect this, I have way too many other interests to start learning about and or collecting watches (and who knows this may spark more interest for me). I like some watches and saw this one and thought I'll take the chance. It was a very small risk so I bought it with another watch I knew had the value that would cover both if this was fake. At this point I would only like to learn about what makes this a fake. Seems like a lot of effort went into it to be a fake when it isn't a very expensive watch to begin with. It looks good to me and it all works so I'll wear occasionally. Thank you to some on here for being a human being and understanding where I was coming from.
OP, sorry if this was a harsh welcome. WUS is a very friendly place, traditionally welcoming to new members who are interested in or passionate about watches.
Unfortunately a rather routine occurrence is for a new member to ask a question about a fake watch, and never be heard from again. And yes - the line between a harsh response and an honest on gets blurred. In this case, watch is fake due to improper claim of "Swiss Made" and likely illegal use of Ferrari logo which is trademarked. It also lacks chronograph complication despite boasting it. Which does solicit an almost visceral reaction from watch enthusiasts. I wanted to tell it as it is...

If you are genuinely interested in watches, stick around and you'll find this place filled with useful information and friendly community.

Reactions: slonneck

·
Registered
4,892 Posts
I'm curious to know which other watch you are refering to, cause most likely it will be fake aswell.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.