WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got this vintage Certina, no specific model name on the dial.Unfortunately, I can't date it back with limited information I have on it.:-(

Its got a KF 324 Movement.I really liked the dial layout and the old school Certina font.

Attaching pics.

Attachments

·
Banned
4,045 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just got this vintage Certina, no specific model name on the dial.Unfortunately, I can't date it back with limited information I have on it.:-(

Its got a KF 324 Movement.I really liked the dial layout and the old school Certina font.

Attaching pics.
I have very little knowledge on vintage Certinas. I have gone through your thread numerous times and sincerely appreciate your efforts on documenting vintage Certinas, a watch brand which I feel is highly underrated especially when you consider their vintage watches.

Looks to be late 1940's, early 1950's to me, but you can look up the serial numbers on the case back at Shum's excellent thread here:

https://www.watchuseek.com/f295/certina-serial-number-system-982877.html
Unfortunately, I do not have access to the serial no.on the case-back.The watch is currently in transit.

·
Registered
3,904 Posts
We will see when you get it.

Lacking shock protection and having stick hands I would say early 1940 on you watch just like my watch and finding early ones looking this good is really rare.

I love these old Certina watches and seeing yours makes me all giddy and gooey inside. :)

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
We will see when you get it.

Lacking shock protection and having stick hands I would say early 1940 on you watch just like my watch and finding early ones looking this good is really rare.

I love these old Certina watches and seeing yours makes me all giddy and gooey inside. :)
Thank you for the encouraging words Shum.

Oddly enough, this was an impulse buy.The entire combination of the dial layout, hands and the condition just made it too sweet to pass on.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts