WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
the gulfman for me followed closely by the waveman if i had that sort of money :-!

·
Registered
4,619 Posts
I'd go for the Frogman if you can find one and afford it, followed by the Gulfman then the Mudman. They're all desirable though.

·
Registered
4,883 Posts
This is a tough call... it all depends on what "type" are you... if you're more "traditional G" type you'll love the traditional bulky look and feel of new Gulfman... however if you preffer something that wears a bit smaller than traditional G than new mudman is defenetly way to go.

Both watches are truly great and you won't go wrong with either.
Do note however that Gulfman shown in pic is solar and mutiband 5... mudman however is neither solar nor atomic...

In my mind at least solar and atomic are defenetly worth while paying extra for.

Hope this helps.

Let us know what you decided and defenetly post some pictures when arrives.

·
Registered
29,512 Posts
Gulfman. It's a more capable and better-looking watch than the Mudman, and the Frogman is a niche model. If you were firmly in that niche, you wouldn't be considering the others. ;-)

·
Registered
4,883 Posts
Gulfman. It's a more capable and better-looking watch than the Mudman, and the Frogman is a niche model. If you were firmly in that niche, you wouldn't be considering the others. ;-)
I agree 100% Tribe! :-!;-)

·
Registered
2,775 Posts
i'll go get the mudman cause it looks pretty neat

·
Registered
8,522 Posts
I'd say go with the gulfman. in my opinion its by far the best looking of this bunch and it offers you accurate timekeeping.

however, the mudman has the best module IMO (regarding the functions) but you can have it for half the price when you buy a regular one.

the frogman is not for me, mainly due its unsymmetrical shape and to ask 480 US$ for it is just absurd in my opinion.

regards, holger

·
Registered
4,619 Posts
the frogman is not for me, mainly due its unsymmetrical shape and to ask 480 US$ for it is just absurd in my opinion.
I think they look great, but I agree about the price. It's a bad joke. <|

·
Registered
4,076 Posts
Seeing that you can afford the Frogman, I'd go for the Mudman and Gulfman, and still come out $10.00 ahead. :-d

In all honesty, if I had neither a Mudman, Gulfman, nor Frogman, I'd go for the Frogman. You get good features, one of the few truly dependable solar modules, monstrous wrist presence, computability with strap adapters, screwback construction, and a model that is guaranteed to only go up in value. But I wouldn't choose it over both a Gulfman and a Mudman.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Sounds like the gulfman is winning.....but I agree that I could get the gulfman & mudman for the price of the frogman.....if you guys have wrist shots of one or all 3....I would love to see them

sj

1 - 16 of 16 Posts