WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I recently bought this watch out of Ebay

Now I need some help because I like the look very much, I love the leather strap, I love the dimensions of the watch, I love everything about except it's very cheap. Thus, it breakes easily (this is the third one I'm buying) and honestly, I'd prefer not wearing a Eyki...

So, I'm asking the community here, if you know any affordable watch (100$-5000$) in this style that you love.. If it's bringing you any thoughts of other watch in your head ! If there is any, please share with me :)

N-B : Diameter 43mm, Thickness 2cm

Attachments

·
Registered
4,993 Posts
Hello Guixav3,

First of all, the watch you bought is not the aviator style. Second, there is no reason to think that just because the watch is cheap, that it will break.

Some people I know from other forums have watches of that brand, they did not have any problems, and they are very pleased with their respective watches.

As for the aviator style watch, I can recommend you the Parnis. I have two of them, and I just love it.

Cheers,

Luís M

·
Registered
4,379 Posts
For that style, the Poljot Traveller comes to mind. There are a variety of colors and dials, but this is the general look.

5215.jpg

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hello Guixav3,

First of all, the watch you bought is not the aviator style. Second, there is no reason to think that just because the watch is cheap, that it will break.

Some people I know from other forums have watches of that brand, they did not have any problems, and they are very pleased with their respective watches.

As for the aviator style watch, I can recommend you the Parnis. I have two of them, and I just love it.

Cheers,

Luís M
where do you get these been looking on line and cant find any

·
Registered
6,386 Posts
Hello Guixav3,

Cheers,

Luís M
You should totally swap the date wheels between those two. The black dial needs the black date wheel, etc. ((Edit: Guess these are different movements with the one having a small seconds hand...but maybe the date wheels are still interchangeable.))

Anyway, when you say affordable automatic pilot, my first thought was a Hamilton Khaki Pilot (42mm in quartz or 46mm in auto). Look around for pricing, but I've seen the quartz going for around 350-ish and the auto for around 650-ish.

·
Registered
4,993 Posts
You should totally swap the date wheels between those two. The black dial needs the black date wheel, etc. ((Edit: Guess these are different movements with the one having a small seconds hand...but maybe the date wheels are still interchangeable.))

Anyway, when you say affordable automatic pilot, my first thought was a Hamilton Khaki Pilot (42mm in quartz or 46mm in auto). Look around for pricing, but I've seen the quartz going for around 350-ish and the auto for around 650-ish.
Hi Sirgilbert357,

I think you're right about the date wheels, although I had never paid attention to such detail! Probably would look better if I swap it...

As for the prices of these Parnis, they cost only $85 USD each. Well below the price of any Hamilton!

With regards,

Luís M

·
Registered
6,386 Posts
Hi Sirgilbert357,

I think you're right about the date wheels, although I had never paid attention to such detail! Probably would look better if I swap it...

As for the prices of these Parnis, they cost only $85 USD each. Well below the price of any Hamilton!

With regards,

Luís M
LOL, yes, but the OP DID say anything from 100-5000, so figured I'd toss Hamilton out there too. I'd love to pull the trigger on the quartz one, but I don't know how much I'd actually wear it.

·
Registered
6,548 Posts
At the low end of the price scale is this Stuhrling Tuskegee Flier.

Reactions: Luisão

·
Registered
6,548 Posts
Hi Pantagruel,

It is indeed a beautiful watch, and I really like that model. I would appreciate if you please inform me of the price, and where to bought it? Thanks.

With regards,
Luís M
I see it is in Overstock.com right now for $77. The original strap was not so good, and the one you see in my pic is an International Watchman strap.

·
Registered
847 Posts
I'm assuming there's an error in the price range here as if someone who views $5000 as affordable probably wouldn't be looking at $100 watches.

However, assuming the OP might be willing to stretch the budget a bit you might be able to pick up a Ball Night Train (1st Gen) gently loved.

I love mine and it's definitely the fleiger of my collection. With it's 24 hour readout window it's definitely unique as well.

·
Registered
4,993 Posts
I see it is in Overstock.com right now for $77. The original strap was not so good, and the one you see in my pic is an International Watchman strap.
Thank you for the information Pantagruel. I already imagined that the bracelet was not the original. In this price range watches, one can not expect very good bracelets!

With regards,
Luís M

·
Registered
4,993 Posts
I'm assuming there's an error in the price range here as if someone who views $5000 as affordable probably wouldn't be looking at $100 watches.

However, assuming the OP might be willing to stretch the budget a bit you might be able to pick up a Ball Night Train (1st Gen) gently loved.

I love mine and it's definitely the fleiger of my collection. With it's 24 hour readout window it's definitely unique as well.

Hi Exile,

Awesome watch! With an awesome lume, too!

Congratulations!

Cheers,
Luís M

·
Registered
6,763 Posts
Seiko Men's 5 Automatic Military SNK809K2 - traditional style

Seiko Men's 5 Automatic Military SNK809K2 -$95.jpg

1 - 20 of 27 Posts