WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there, I´m looking for some sport watches...

I want:
-case diameter max. 44mm
-mechanical
-waterproof minimum 100m
-I don´t want very big watches
-price maximum 400euro
-I don´t need any extra complications...

My favorits for now are:
Precista SpeedBird II

Precista PRS-50

Archimede Sport Taucher

·
Registered
71 Posts
Go for the Archimede. I almost bought that model once or twice.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Out of these 4 I`d pull the trigger on the.....

....Precista PRS-50. (Decision made up by appearance).
Not to be pedantic, but that is actually the Speedbird II. The PRS-50 is the one with the no-rads symbol, and I would have chosen that one in a heartbeat if it were still available. Sadly it is sold out. The new model is going to be quite different (I've been following Eddie Platts' updates in the TZ-UK forums).

shane

·
Banned
149 Posts
Are you asking to pick between the ones that you have listed, or are you wanting some other suggestions? If you are looking for some other options then I would say for you to check out some of the following.

Hamilton - QNE aviation, khaki auto, khaki king scuba
Longines - Hydroconquest
Tissot - seastar 1000, prs516 auto non chrono

Im sure there are others that Im not thinking of and if they come to me I will add them as this thread goes on to try to help you.

·
Registered
677 Posts
I can't quite tell if you're asking for additional suggestions, but I'll make one just incase you are.

You might be interested in MkII watches. They meet all the requirements you describe (well, prices are about 600 USD and up), they use basic ETA 2824 movements, and there is a great deal of customization allowed in terms of hands, dial, bezel style. They have a sub-forum here on WUS, and their website is www.mkiiwatches.com

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Not to be pedantic, but that is actually the Speedbird II. The PRS-50 is the one with the no-rads symbol, and I would have chosen that one in a heartbeat if it were still available. Sadly it is sold out. The new model is going to be quite different (I've been following Eddie Platts' updates in the TZ-UK forums).

shane
I hate to say it, but that's not even the Speedbird II! That's the Speedbird III, gents - here's a pic of the Speedbird II (which I never should have sold! o| ).

Attachments

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
You might look at Vostok Europe as well. I've worn a K-3 Submarine and it got a couple of comments which surprised me. I picked up a blue dial one and I took the black leather (in my case seems to have blue leather now) band off of it and replaced with a blue rubber band. It does look look in that configuration. You ought to come in under $200 for the leather model and a little over $200 for the bracelet model. They do have other colors as well including black.

-T

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Hamilton Khaki navy GMT

·
Registered
483 Posts
Nix the Sporttaucher

Are you looking for an active wear watch? Something you'd wear while diving, bicycling, hiking, etc? Or a sporty looking watch for casual wear? I think the Speedbird is a beauty but it's not really a sport watch. The Archimedes is on my list but it's sold out. The new version is supposed to come out soon, though the price is a bit more than 400 Euro, and they hardly ever appear used on the boards.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I hate to say it, but that's not even the Speedbird II! That's the Speedbird III, gents - here's a pic of the Speedbird II (which I never should have sold! o| ).
Yeah, I realized that after I posted, but didn't bother to go back and correct.

I like a lot of the Precista line. Need to get used to the new TimeFactors website, though.

shane

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well, I thought SpeedBird III, I just somehow managed to type it wrong :) I´ll maybe be able to get Archimede from dealer here in Czech republic, maybe he got few pieces left...

Caterwaul: I´m not very active sportsman :) I just need something I can swim with, my only other sport is skiing and show jumping (horse riding)...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts