WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife gave me a $150 limit on a watch for Christmas.

I'd really like a military style (all numbers or close to it) with decent lume (6+ hrs), 100m WR, at least date (day/date ok). I had previously only wanted automatics, but have come to the conclusion that quartz/Eco-drives may be ok as well.

I have a ~8 1/4" wrist, but really want to keep this watch on the smaller side. Let's say the upper limit is 42 mm, with ideal being 38-40mm. I'd like a 20mm lug width.

About the only thing I've found is the Citizen BM8180-03e, and it has 18mm lugs, which makes it hard to find bands long enough to fit my wrists.

Any other suggestions?

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have waffled back and forth over the SNZG line. I just can't get over how busy the dial is and that huge chapter ring ruins the look IMO. If it were just minute markers, the dial wouldn't be too bad, but together they are just too much. Maybe I need to find one in person and look at it. They really are great watches, just busy looking.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm thinking hard about a Precista PRS-10. It is almost the perfect watch for me I think. It has that vintage military, basic, no frills, all work watch look. And it has 20mm lugs, so a Bomber band from C&B will look perfect.

·
Registered
988 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts