1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a watch with all of the following:

1. Chronograph
2. Hi beat movement (28,800 vph +)
3. Arabic numerals all around the dial (1-12)
4. Minimum 100M WR
5. Must have hours totalizer
6. Case must be at least 40mm at a minimum. I have beefy arms/wrists and anything less than 40mm looks like a ladies' piece on my wrist.
7. Must have lume

I've only found three watches so far that tick all the boxes. I'm completely open to suggestions and recommendations.

Omega Speedmaster Broad Arrow. Have heard nightmare stories about the movement used in this one, but seems to have been addressed.

Tag Carrera 1887. No lume on the markers, only on the hands. Solid movement thought.

Sinn 6099. Generic ETA movement but very elegant. Case is a little on the smaller side (for me)

Again, open to other suggestions, recommendations.

Cheers,

·
Registered
36,279 Posts
And now for something completely different..... this is why I prefer Chronos with 57,600 bph at 16 beat/second sweeps that are quartz and made by Precisionist, model 98B212, batteries being much cheaper than mech. service. This is a BIG watch, right up your alley.

Short, silent video showing smooth sweep hand, use and one-second bump motion of second hand when timing with chronometer and reset. Smooth sweep at the end.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=TIJZYwtPguk

96B183 is a 45mm, 8-hand quartz chrono, sweeps at 16 beats per second (57,600bph), super smooth motion, but has no lume.

·
Premium Member
7,095 Posts
Zenith El Primero Stratos Flyback

image.jpeg

Gray market pricing around $5K.

Damasko DC66 Si

image.jpeg

Retail around $3,800.

edit: I guess neither displays a full set of numerals, but I still think they're both excellent options that otherwise meet all requirements.

·
Premium Member
6,869 Posts
If you're open to having the subdials take the place of, or cut off some of, the arabic numbers, then Breitling has several that could fit the bill :

Superocean Chronograph Steelfish, Avenger II, and Super Avenger II from left to right... (relative sizes are not correct - the Super Avenger is the largest at 48mm)

breitling_watches.jpg

·
Registered
687 Posts
Yup, that Sinn 6099 looks really beautiful to me.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The Sinn is my favourite of the bunch based on pictures. Problem is that with watch buys being the only authorized dealer in North America, I won't have an opportunity to see it in person and try it on. And they have a no returns/final sales policy for watches shipped outside the US. I'm in Canada, so I'd basically be buying it blind.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts